Mrs. Sacket-Mowers, 6th Grade
* But contact me at any point, if you have questions/concerns
* Keep asking your child to be the main contact for anything homework-related
* Don't forget, my office hours are 8-8:15, on M, W, F for kids. Great time for students to bring in math (or other) questions to get help
Questions to Ask:
* What is "NOID"--(Number One in Disguise) and what is an example? (5/5 or any similar fraction that simplifies to 1 is an example)
* How did the "Writing Lab" go? Who was in your group? How did your paragraph about Kimba get better? (you might ask to see the Google Doc. We are still working on them, but they don't need parent help at this point).
* Did you try the math challenge?
* History: What can you tell me about how the Sumerians built their houses? Their cities? (Answers: Made of mud bricks, no trees/ Cities were surrounded by walls and streets were narrow and windy- not on a grid)
* Science: Name one example of gravitational, elastic, and chemical energy. (Sample answers: Gravitational- rock above car, water in an elevated storage tank; Elastic- rubber band, spring, bungee; Chemical- food and fossil fuels.)