The Mustang Chronicle
September 4, 2022 - September 10, 2022
September and October Events at a Glance (Events followed with an * are detailed below.)
9/5: No School - Labor Day
9/6: PE with Coach I begins for Grades TK,K,1,2 and takes place every Tuesday. (Please wear tennis shoes.)
9/7: Taekwondo begins for Grades TK,K,1,2, and takes place the first and third Wednesday of September and October. (Please wear tennis shoes.)
9/8: PE with Coach I begins for Grades 3,4,5 and takes place every Thursday. (Please wear tennis shoes.)
9/8: Back to School Night @ 6 pm -7:30 pm (1st - 5th)*
9/12: First Monday of the Month School-Wide HOUSE Activities: Wear HOUSE Colors and bring a plain white t-shirt to school for our HOUSE Tie Dying project
9/14: Taekwondo begins for Grades 3,4,5, and takes place the second and fourth Wednesday of September and October. (Please wear tennis shoes.)
9/15: Chorus: Day #1 after school in MPR
9/16: Dancing With Our Future Stars begins for Tk,K,1,5 and runs through November 18. ( 2,3,4 will have Dance during second semester.) (Please wear tennis shoes.)
9/16: Family Picnic @ 5:30 pm - 7 pm
9/19: Picture Day
9/20: PFA General Meeting @ 6 pm
9/23: Trimester 1 Progress Report Window closes
9/26: No School - Rosh Hashanah
9/27: ELAC Meeting @ 6 pm
10/5: No School - Yom Kippur
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2022: BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT at MAPLE!
Back to School Night is IN PERSON THIS YEAR! Come visit your child's classroom and meet the teacher! Check out our newly painted classrooms and carpet/flooring! Each teacher will present slides of information about your child's class and what to expect this year! We have not had this opportunity for several years to do this IN PERSON!
Back to School Night Schedule:
6:00-6:20: Principal Lewis will be kicking off the night in the MPR with school-wide information. We will also be presenting the School Site Council Team for your final approval.
6:20-6:25: Transition to first classroom
6:25-6:55: Session #1
6:55-7:00: Transition to second classroom ( if you have two students at Maple)
7:00-7:30: Session #2 (Repeat of Session #1)
We look forward to seeing you there!
The following parents have stepped forward to serve on School Site Council in the following roles:
- District Accountability Advisory Committee: ( A.K.A. DAC)- Jessica Weihe
- English Language Advisory Committee (A.K.A. ELAC) - Lucely Duarte
- Gifted and Talented Advisory Committee (A.K.A. GATE) - Sylvia Blair
- Parent Faculty Association (A.K.A. PFA) - Amy Barker/Stacey Palmer
- Special Education Advisory Committee (A.K. A. SEDAC) - Amy Barker
- Teacher Representative: Summer Snider
- Teacher Representative: Pam Warner
- Staff Representative: Cindy Rinaman
Here are additional positions available on School Site Council:
- School Site Council: (A.K.A. SSC): SSC Chair (Facilitates meeting agenda)
- School Site Council: (A.K.A. SSC): SSC Vice Chair (Facilitates meeting agenda in the absence of SSC Chair).
- African American District Advisory Committee ( A.K.A. AADAC): Sign up to join us for conversations about how to best support and provide enrichment opportunities for our students identified as African American, as well as ALL Students! (ATTENDS MONTHLY SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL MEETINGS)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Advisory Committee ( A.K.A. LGBTQ+AC) - Sign up to join us for conversations about how to best support and provide enrichment opportunities for our students identified as LGBTQ, as well as ALL Students! (ATTENDS MONTHLY SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL MEETINGS)
- Safety Committee - Sign up to join us in conversations around school safety at Maple and help us to write the Safety Plan for this year. (ATTENDS MONTHLY SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL MEETINGS)
We will be presenting the names above for your final approval of our School Site Council Team at Back to School Night in the MPR from 6 pm -6:20 pm, before visiting classrooms. Please email me if you would like to serve in one of the open positions at email@example.com!
2022 - 2023 Enrichment Specialists Serving All Students This Year!
1. PE with Coach I: 30 minutes weekly (TK-2 on Tuesdays and 3-5 on Thursdays)
2. Taekwondo: 30 minutes weekly for 8 weeks each semester ( Grades TK-2 on Wednesdays, Week One and Three. Grades 3-5 on Wednesdays, Week Two and Four)
3. STEAM: 30 minutes weekly (Grades 3-5 on Wednesdays, Week One and Three. Grades TK-2 on Wednesdays, Week Two and Four)
4. Dancing with our Future Stars: 30 minutes for 9 weeks on Fridays for Grades TK,K,1,5 during semester 1, and 30 minutes for 9 weeks on Fridays for Grades 2,3,4 during semester 2.
5. Library: 30 minutes weekly for every classroom.
6. Monthly School-Wide HOUSE Activities the first Monday of each month: 30 minutes monthly, in addition to additional HOUSE activities throughout the month organized by each HOUSE.
7. Music: 30 minutes weekly for fourth and fifth grade classrooms ( District-Wide Elementary School Focus)
8. Art Masters: TBA
Monday, September 19, 2022: Picture Day!
Maple Elementary's Bell Schedule
Pelase note: There is no playing on playground before the 8:10 bell rings
TK-5: Drop Off: 7:45 am - 8:05 am
TK-5: First Bell Rings/Line up: 8:05 am- 8:10 am
TK-5: Start Time: 8:10 am
TK-5: Dismissal Time: 1:30 pm (Note change of time for TK dismissal on Mondays)
Tuesday Through Friday
TK-5 Drop Off: 7:45 am - 8:05 am
TK-5 First Bell Rings/Line up: 8:05 am- 8:10 am
TK-5 Start Time: 8:10 am
TK/K Dismissal Time: 1:15 pm( Note change of time for TK/K dismissal 4 days per week. It is different than Monday's dismissal time)
1st-5th Dismissal Time: 2:35 pm
Breakfast and Lunch
Breakfast is served before school and during the first recess. Students can choose to eat breakfast before school or during the first recess!
Lunch is available to every student that wants it, every day!
WHAT HOUSE IS MY CHILD IN?
GET YOUR MAPLE SPIRIT WEAR!
Hello Maple Families, The Parent Faculty Association (PFA) is excited to introduce you to our new online Spiritwear vendor, 1st Place Spiritwear. We have partnered with 1st Place Spiritwear to bring you a large variety of options so that you can show your Mustang pride as we return for the 2022/2023 school year!
Section 5 of Article IX of the State of California Constitution guarantees students a free public education.