- Everest is 60 MILLION years old.
- Mount Everest grows about a quarter of an inch every year.
- Tepmatures can be -80F.
- In Tibet they call Everest Chomolungma.
- In 1999 it measured 29,035 Feet.
- The first attemp was by a British expidition in 1921.
- The first summit was May 29,1953 by Sir Edmund Hillary and a sherpa from Nepal.
- Hillary Step is named after Sir Edmund Hillary.
- A Mountain Porter is also called a bearer.
- Porters are still paid ,motorized transportation is available .
- They will earn about 5 dollars per hour.
- A bellhop (hotel Porter),Redcap (Railway Station Porter), Skycap (Airport Porter), and Bearear (Mountain Porter)
How Hard Is Climbing Everest?