Last Week in English We...
(January 11-15, 2016)
- Personification... or giving human characteristics to nonliving things
- Heroes... like Percy Jackson, and Harry Potter!
- Lyres... the musical kind, not the dishonest kind
- Centaurs... and other mythical creatures
WE ENJOYED A SNOW DAY ON WEDNESDAY
- We read Dancing Pants and Snowball by Shel Silverstein and found examples of personification
- We read an Achieve3000 article titled 'Snow Isn't Always Clean'
- We practiced the skill of Reading Fluency on Friday... and graphed our personal reading rates and class average
- We played 'Whatchamadrawit' and were challenged to draw a harp-like instrument meant to be played with your feet (we were making a connection to our vocabulary term 'lyre')