Do's and Don'ts of Interview Attire
Men and Women's Formal Job Interview Dress
Men's Do's and Don'ts
- Wear conservative colors only (Navy, gray,Tan)
- Do wear solids when choosing a shirt, patterns can get distracting and look very busy, also they look cleaner
- Shave and properly comb your hair
- Avoid wearing black suits it is risky because it has a high possibility of looking washout, try staying more in the gray and tan area.
- Stay away from wearing old suits that are not properly fit to your body type
- don't try and mix match suits, get a whole suit rather then trying to fin bottom to go with a top.
Women's Do's and Don'ts
- If you choose to wear jewelry and accessories remember its a chance to express yourself, but at the same time keep it professional. Think about wearing jewelry you can start a conversation about if complimented.
- When wearing makeup natural colors are preferred (exceptions on some lip stick). Wear makeup that makes you feel your best, being comfortable and confident is important.
- Wear nylons and shoes with low heels (1 or 2 inch)
- No heavy eyeliner or glitzy eye-shadows, remember you want to be noticed not your makeup.
- Stay away from wearing short skirts (above the knee) it does not look professional also avoid wearing tops that might show your stomach when you lift you head or arms
- No see through garments or showing of cleavage
- Keep fragrances to a minimum
- Choose clothes that fit and flatter your body type
- Keep hair clean, neat, cut, and styled in a professional manner
- Stay away from power colors like red and orange (not talking lip stick)
- avoid wearing sunglasses, eye contact is important
- Try not showing body piercing
Note the vibrant colors
Note the large heels ( not one or two inch) these would be a no go
What not to Wear
Note this would be a fashion don't