October 11, 2018
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Hello to all Roosevelt families! A few reminders for the week:
• Walk-A-Thon: Wow! The Roosevelt community raised nearly $15,000 for the PTO. Way to go, Raccoons!!! And thanks for a GREAT walk!
• Walk & Bike To School Day: This is being rescheduled for Friday, October 12. Please walk or bike to school tomorrow.
• Picture Retakes: These are Wednesday, October 17. Have your child grab an order form from the office, or use this link to order. You'll need this picture day ID: MI618255Y1
• Can Collection for Ethan: Have you heard about this awesome project spearheaded by Mrs. Krusemark's class? Check it out here, and bring your donation of cans to Roosevelt. This is being extended for two more can collection opportunities--October 16 and 23.
• BOX TOPS: Did you know that box tops expire? And can only be submitted twice a year? We currently have about $250 worth of Box Tops collected. Wouldn't it be awesome to try and double that by the first submission deadline of November 1st? Please in all Box Tops ASAP to try and reach $500 before November 1st. Thanks so much! The Roosevelt PTO.
• Rocky Time:...have your students told you about this? Today, we kicked off the RESPECT theme and the OKAY CAMPAIGN. Ask your child to see the poster they made today and hang it somewhere visible in your home. You can have your child say "OKAY" and do it right away when you ask them to do something at home.
• Vision & Hearing Volunteers: We are having the Vision & Hearing screening Monday, November 5 at Roosevelt. Screening starts first thing in the morning, and it usually takes 2 1/2 hours. We only need 2 more parent volunteers. This is a great way to be involved, and it's just a one-time thing. If you are interested, please email Becky Lawrence at email@example.com. Thanks--this is a short, simple way to make a big difference and interact with lots of amazing students!
• Family Day at the National Association for Gifted Children: There is an amazing opportunity in the Twin Cities on November 17. The National Association for Gifted Children is hosting their annual conference in Minneapolis this year. The are hosting a Family Day on Saturday, November 17. There is a cost for this event, BUT it's very reasonable and it looks amazing. Register here. I have heard it fills quickly, so don't delay.
• No School on October 18 & 19 this week. Enjoy the break!
Have a great weekend, Raccoons!!
Freya rocked Coach for the Morning. Keep reading, Raccoons! This could be you next month!
October Celebration Speaker
Roosevelt warmly welcomed Laurin, this month's celebration speaker, back into our community. She recently took a full-time job with the military, and she came back to kick-off our next Rocky Time theme...RESPECT!!!
Kindness in Chalk
Last Friday, students planned kindness messages like this one and then made their idea come to life in chalk, all around the perimeter of Roosevelt. Way to go, Raccoons!