Gable Band Updates
Week of 11/2 - 11/6
- 8th Grade Veteran's Day Performance is on Tuesday, November 10th @ 9:30am.
- Disney Commitment Payment #2 is due on Thursday, November 12th.
- Pass Off Charts are due on Thursday, November 12th - see below for more info.
- Winter Concert is on Monday, November 23rd at 7pm at the Dorman Fine Arts Center.
- 7th & 8th Grade will get Band Terms for their Week 5 Quiz (SEE BELOW FOR TERMS)
- NO SCHOOL
- 12 Class Days Until the Winter Concert!
- 11 Class Days Until the Winter Concert!
- ***TERMS QUIZ 5 (all 7th & 8th grade students)***
The Gable Band Winter Concert will take place on Monday, November 23rd at 7:00pm in the Dorman Fine Arts Center Auditorium.
ALL band students will have a mandatory after school rehearsal from 3:10pm - 4:30pm:
- 6th Grade: Thursday 11/19
- 7th Grade: Tuesday 11/17
- 8th Grade: Monday 11/16
All band students need to return the Concert Acknowledgment & Permission Form by Monday, 11/9 (see below for form).
PASS OFF CHARTS - DUE NOV. 12th
BAND TERMS (7th & 8th Grade)
Quizzes are given EVERY FRIDAY on the terms and are CUMULATIVE (i.e. the first test will include 8 terms, the next will have 16, etc). Below is a complete list of the terms in the order that they will be introduced.
QUIZLET FOR BAND TERMS
We have also set up a Gable Band class on Quizlet, which includes the terms for each quiz as well as a complete list. This is a great study tool and you can even use it on the go!
Gable Band Terms Quizlet: https://quizlet.com/class/1299146/
Disney Payment #2 is due on Thursday, November 12th for all participating members.
Honor Band Members should be practicing daily for their upcoming Region Band auditions. Practices for Honor Band will begin in January.
All 7th and 8th grade band students must participate in the Region Band audition process in order to be eligible for band awards at the end of the year.
All students must participate in the Region Band audition process in order to be eligible for the Gable Honor Band.
Those who wish to audition must submit their permission form and non-refundable $10 audition fee NO LATER than October 1st.
Please see the link below for more information about Region Band!
We know that oftentimes it is difficult for students to find time to practice at home, so we do our best to offer opportunities to practice at school. Below are available practice times:
Before School: 7:25am - 7:50am
After School: 3:05pm - 3:30pm
- 6th Grade TUESDAY: Farmer, Peake, Coy, Ford, Thomas, C
- 6th Grade THURSDAY: Amick, Bowyer, Henry, Jolly, Sinclair, Sadler
- 7th Grade TUESDAY: Miller, Prager, Rahynes, Sabean, Terry, Workman
- 7th Grade THURSDAY: Proctor, Bittner, Brewer, Cowan, Ledford, Owens
- 8th Grade THURSDAY: ALL