Blair Oaks High School - October 11, 2019
Students of the Month
Homecoming Week, Oct 7-12
Blair Oaks will celebrate homecoming week on Oct. 7-12, 2019.
- Football Game - Friday, Oct. 11th, 7:00 p.m.
- Royalty - Homecoming King is announced at the high school assembly; Homecoming Queen is announced during half-time of the football game.
- Dance - Saturday, October 12th, 8-11 p.m.
American Red Cross Blood Drive
- Where: Blair Oaks High School Library
- When: Thursday, October 17th
- Time: 11:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
To schedule an appointment, visit https://www.redcrossblood.org/ and enter sponsor code "BlairOaks" or call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
BHS ACT Prep
Information for students who signed up to take ACT Prep.
- Dates for ACT Prep are Tuesday-10/15, Thursday-10/17, Tuesday-10/22, and Thursday-10/24. The first three days will be spent on instruction, and then on Oct. 24th, students will be given a practice ACT test with a help session that afternoon.
Dessert Theater ~ Oct. 21st
- "Falcons Got Talent" Dessert Theater
- Date: Monday, 10/21/2019
- Location: High School Gym
- Time: doors open at 5:45 for the 6:00 event
- Cost: $5.00 at the door and will include desserts
Congratulations Blair Oaks Softball Seniors & Parents! Softball seniors are
Natalie Otto, Kaitlyn Kolb, & Kathleen Groner! Best of luck to these outstanding young ladies!
Senior Night Update
Update: Cross Country Senior Night moved to October 22nd.
- Tuesday, Oct. 22nd, Cross Country & Volleyball Senior Night
- Blair Oaks vs Jefferson City volleyball game at home
- Games begin at 5:00 p.m. with freshman, JV, then varsity playing. Seniors will be recognized between the JV and varsity games. Estimated time is 7:00 p.m., dependent on length of matches.
- Friday, Oct. 25th, Football, Band, and Dance Senior Night
- Blair Oaks vs California at home, 7:00 p.m.
- Seniors will be recognized at half-time
- Note: There are no seniors on the cheer squad or girls golf team.
BBQ Fundraiser ~ Oct. 27th
- Pork Steak or Brat BBQ Fundraiser
Your choice of BBQ Pork Steak or 2 Brats includes baked beans, coleslaw, and roll.
- Fundraiser is pick-up only at Falcon Athletic Complex.
- Date: Sunday, October 27th
- Pick-Up: 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Cost: $10.00 per ticket
Photo Retake Day ~ Oct. 30
- School Picture Retake Day has been
scheduled for Wednesday, October 30th
If your child is coming to the camera as an absentee or as a new buyer, please use a picture day envelope to fill out which package you would like to order, and send it, along with payment, with your child on picture day. Picture order forms will be sent home with absentee students on Monday, October 28th, and will also be available in the high school office.
If your child needs a picture retake, please return the entire package, including the package insert, on picture day.
Upcoming November Events
WAVE 'EM IF YOU HAVE 'EM
- When: Thursday, Nov. 7th, 3:45-5:30 p.m.
Motorcade departures at 4:15 p.m. Flag wavers should be in place by 4 p.m.
- How: Wave flags with yellow ribbons and post banners incorporating a yellow ribbon .
- Where: The motorcade will travel from Candlewood Suites on Amazonas Drive; left on Truman Boulevard; right on Country Club; to Business 50 in Apache Flats; right on Highway T in St. Martins; left into the St. Martins Knights of Columbus parking lot.
Holiday Dinner ~ Nov. 21st
Senior Composites ~ Nov. 7
Wagner Portrait Group will be at school on Thursday, November 7th, to take Senior Composite photographs. These are used for the group photo that hangs in the school hallway. Parents are invited to order photo packages to use in senior publications and invitations.
GUYS: You will be photographed in a solid colored long sleeve dress shirt and tie. Please dress accordingly.
GIRLS: You will be photographed in a traditional drape provided by Wagner Portrait Group. For your comfort and modesty, we suggest wearing a tank-top that has thin straps that can easily be pulled down when putting on the drape.
Nichols Students: Wagner Portrait Group will be at school from 8:00am-12:00pm to accommodate your schedule. As soon as students return to the high school, they should go directly to the library to have their photograph taken.
Mark your calendars!
- 11 - End of 1st Quarter
- 11 - Homecoming parade and game
- 12 - Homecoming dance
- 15 - ACT Prep, periods 1-3
- 17 - Early Release, 12:30 p.m.
- 17 - ACT Prep, periods 1-3
- 17 - Blood Drive at Blair Oaks
- 17 - Parent-Teacher Conferences, 1:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- 18 - No School
- 20 - Archery Meeting, 6:00 p.m., High School Cafeteria
- 21 - Dessert Theatre
- 22 - ACT Prep, periods 1-3
- 22 - Senior Night - Cross Country & Volleyball
- 24 - ACT Prep, all day
- 25 - Senior Night - Football, Band and Dance
- 25 - Football Pink Out & CheerFair
- 27 - Project Graduation BBQ Fundraiser
- 30 - School Picture Retake Day
- 2 - High School Band in JC Christmas Parade
- 7 - Senior Composite Photos
- 7 - Early Release; 12:30pm
- 7 - Wave 'Em If You Have 'Em
- 8 - Veterans Day Assembly, high school gym, 9:00 a.m.
- 21 - Thanksgiving Meal
- 27-29 - No School, Thanksgiving Break
FLCN News Network Announcements:
Blair Oaks High School
Providing a quality education and empowering lifelong learners
We envision soaring to new heights through:
Leadership and Service