FIFTH GRADE NEWS
August 28 - September 1, 2017
In The Classroom
This upcoming week students will fully dive into the beginnings of their curriculum. This will include several pre-tests, small group flexibility, online support and practice and more. We have really "upped" the responsibility for our students and will be supporting them as they continue to stay organized throughout this year.
We cannot wait for you to see how much fun and learning your children will accomplish in 5th grade!
Parents: Please fill out this quick google survey if you have not already.
If you are able to and would like to help support our classrooms with extra supplies, please visit our Amazon Wish Lists that we have for our classes. Since, we consider all 64 students to be all of "ours", we often share our supplies. This is a quick and easy way to send supplies directly to the school! Thank you so much for your support as we head into a GREAT year!
1. Please talk with your children about internet safety. We have already begun those conversations and will continue to do so throughout the year. The reminders and added talks will help our students be great internet citizens.
2. Chromebooks are very delicate and need to be handled with care. If you are able to provide a "sleeve" for your student, then please do so. It is not a requirement, but some have found it helpful as our students switch classes.
3. Each student has a charger that will be labeled with their number in class. This is to help students keep track of their laptops and chargers.
4. The expectation is that students come to school with their laptops fully charged.
5. If you still have your iPad or iPad charger at home, please send that with your child ASAP.
6. It is important for our students to practice their keyboarding skills. There are many websites that you may visit to practice and review any keyboarding skills. Two that I recommend are https://www.typingclub.com/ and http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/z3c6tfr.
Students will receive their packet early this week with all of the information. Please have this form back to the school by Friday September 1st.