Sent Home: Thursday, February 11th-Teachers will print them. The date has been changed because Friday is the PD Day.
- Progress Reports (paper copy) are sent homeThursday, February 11th. Office will send an eblast out to notify parents Progress Reports are coming home that day.
- The progress report file is a Microsoft Word document that you have saved and added to each quarter.
- Record markings in Midquarter 3.
- Remember there is a sample filled in Progress Report listed first on the document. Use this to refresh yourself on markings.
- Make sure you have the child's legal full name on the document.
- Save your document. You will reuse this document each quarter.
- If you have questions on how to fill this in, please see Doug or Melissa.
PBIS SET (School-Wide Evaluation Tool)
The School-Wide Evaluation Tool (SET) is a research instrument used to determine the extent to which a school is implementing schoolwide positive behavior supports (SW-PBS) at the Universal or Tier 1 Level.
The SET produces an Overall score (%) and a score for each of the seven features of school-wide PBS:
1) Behavioral Expectation defined
2) Behavioral Expectations taught
3) Behavioral Expectation rewarded
4) System response to rule violations
5) Informational gathered to monitor student behavior
6) Local management support for school-wide procedures
7) District level support for school-wide procedures
A school is considered to be implementing SW-PBS with fidelity at the Universal or Tier 1 level when it achieves a score of 80% overall AND 80% on Expectations Taught.
On Thursday, February 11, outside evaluators will visit Lakeview and will spend two to three hours: interviewing students and faculty, observing school environments, reviewing school documents and interviewing school administrators.
Pennies for Patients
1. A "Pennies for Patients" kick off assembly is scheduled for Friday, February 26th at 2:00 p.m.
2. Each classroom teacher will again have a webpage for online donations set up by Leukemia and Lymphoma society (LLS). This should be coming soon. I will be forwarding any LLS communication to teachers which you can use to promote your classroom goal.
3. We will again have a spirit week with students encouraged to pay a $1.00 for each day he or she participates. This money goes toward your own classroom total as well as the $ boxes the students will be turning in and any classroom online donations.
4. Money from each classroom will need to be counted daily and noted when we come around to collect. Coins and bills can be cumbersome so daily trips to the "Bank of America" are made in order to manage the bulk.
Please note: If you do not want your classroom to compete for the Olive Garden pasta party, please let me know. We realize it can take some time to count money with your class so just let me know if you will be keeping track of your total (online donations, spirit week donations and change boxes).
Do you have empty cereal boxes?
Boxes will be collected until March 17th. Please turn flattened boxes into Turntine's room.
The Week Ahead...
Monday, Feb. 8
K-2 Problem Solving Meetings in Collaboration Room
3:30 MAP Committee Meeting
Tuesday, Feb. 9
After School Tutoring
Wednesday, Feb. 10
10:00 Doug Construction Meeting @DUE
Kdg 1/2 Day Release-AM
3rd 1/2 Day Release-PM
Grade Chair Meeting- 3:30 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 11
PBIS Set Site Visit
3-5 Problem Solving Team Meeting in Collaboration Room
1:30-3:00 Service Party
After School Tutoring
7:00 PTO Meeting
Friday, Feb. 12
Have you shouted out someone for February?
You've been shouted out: Hanna, Menz, Volling, Cunningham
Use this as a spot to shout out the great things happening in our building. Brag on a teammate or thank a teammate. Fill yourself up with pride by reading all the great things happening at LVE. Help spread positivity...