Educate with Edmodo!
24/7 Learning and Teaching
Forget Facebook...Educate with Edmodo!
Edmodo is a social media-like classroom environment designed specifically for teachers and students! Edmodo allows teachers to create a group for their students and exclude those not invited to the group. Edmodo is great for 24/7 blended learning and flipped classroom! Teachers have access to post assignments, quizzes, reminders, calendar events, resources, links, videos, and images!
Edmodo at a glance
Ten Things Teachers and Students Can Do With Edmodo!
- Post assignments for students. Edmodo allows teachers to attach files to assignment announcements. If there is a file your students need in order to complete an assignment, they can access it at the same place they view the announcement.
- Post messages on the "wall'. This allows students to ask questions of each other and their teacher. Teachers can post messages for all students to read and encourage classroom discussion.
- Post polls for students. Use the polls to gather informal feedback in question form. Great for Science and forming a hypothesis.
- Embed videos, images, and audio clips into your wall to spark a class discussion online.
- Post a quiz for students to take. File and links can be attached to each question and answer choice. This allows you to post a document and ask students to read and respond to it. Quizzes can be in multiple choice, true/false, fill in the blank, or short answer form. Students can see their scores immediately or the feature can be disabled.
- Create learning groups according to the course you teach or student groups who are working together.
- Students and teachers can house their important files in the digital library (online backpack) eliminating the need for USB drives.
- Create a calendar of events and assignments.
- Turn in assignments! Students can upload assignments for their teachers to view and grade. Teachers can annotate the assignments directly in Edmodo.
- Access Edmodo through the free Android and iOS apps.