Daily Faith & Family Formation
Tuesday, April 28th, 2020
Luther's Morning Prayer
I thank You, my Heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ your dear Son
That you have kept me this night from all harm and danger
And I pray that you would keep me this day also from sin and every evil
That all my doings in life may please You
For into Your hands I commit myself - my body and soul and all things
Let Your Holy Angel be with me that the evil foe may have no power over me
This Week's Memory Verse - Hebrews 4:12
"The Word of God is living and active sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."
I always learn scripture better when I can put music to it. If that sounds like you, too, you can use this music video to help you remember this verse about God's word, the Bible and its use for us today!
"God of Beauty"
- Open up your family Bible or children's Bible and read this story together
- This story of Creation can be found in Genesis 1
Supporting Verses for our Lives
- Ephesians 2:10 - "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
- Psalm 139:14 - "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful; I know that full well."
- Ecclesiastes 3:11 - "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end."
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8), and because He is steadfast, who we are in Him remains the same regardless of circumstances. These statements remind us whose we are and who we are Because of who Jesus is.
Speak these statements together as a family.
Zion Lutheran School
Our Vision: That every child knows Jesus as his or her personal Lord and Savior