Staff and Partner Bulletin May 16, 2016
This Week at REA
The Week in the REA Community
Monday, May 16, 2016 (A Day)
Senior Exams - English- Art Room
8:30-9:25- Hunter in Orange Pod First Floor
1:30- Myers out of building - Dr. Appt
7:00 Columbia Tusculum Community Council - Carnegie
Tuesday, May 17, 2016 (B Day)
Senior Exams - Math- Art Room
8:30-9:25- Hunter in Orange Pod Second Floor
AP BLENDED LEARNING ORIENTATION - ED CENTER
Myers Off- Personal Leave
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 (A Day)
Senior Exams - Art Room - SS/Science
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Green Pod Second Floor
8:55- Intermediate Reflection
4:00 Admin Meeting
Thursday, May 19, 2016 (A DAY)
8:00 Assessment Accountability Meeting
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Blue/Yellow Pod Second Floor
10:00 7/8 Awards
5:30- Honor Society Induction
Friday, May 20, 2016 (B Day)
Class Day- Please see directions
Saturday, May 21, 2016
After School program is over. All students should be riding the bus or being picked up.
Looking Ahead At REA
Dr. Harris in Columbus
Tuesday: Staff Meeting
Tuesday: Field Day
Tuesday: Primary Awards
Tuesday: GAIC Meeting- Tentative
Wednesday: Graduation Practice 10:00 Withrow
Thursday: Last Day for Students
Friday: Staff Breakfast 8:30
End of year stuff
- Senior Exams: Please look to email for the senior exam schedule. Please note, senior exams actually have to last until 12:15 if we start at about 9:45. This means on the B day, we will have to go until that time. On the other days, students will be dismissed at 12:21 which starts fourth bell. Additionally, please note, if you are supervising any exam, students are expected to be quiet to respect the time other students may need. Please be sure to do this for all of our exams. Please be prepared to turn in a copy of your exam to the office, and it will be on the check out list.
- Regular Exams: Please look to email for the schedule and we will put one in your box and post it around the building. Sorry for the delay. We will be asking for a copy of exams if they are not district exams. Please be prepared to have this checked off on your check out sheet.
- Graduation sign ups: We need everyone's help to pull off the big show. Please sign up with Ms. Harris.
- Check out sheet will be out on Monday.
Roster Verficiation (Linking) due May 17th- Tomorrow.
Advisement Next Year
Awards- Pre-Printed via Google Form
It is not too late. PLEASE PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM TODAY. It is super time consuming to print all that stuff (took all day on Saturday), and time is available tonight, so please get it in TODAY.
End of Year Celebrations
1. After Graduation, we all go to The Pub in Rookwood. We need help with clean up if anyone is available. See Ms. Harris to sign up, but please come out to celebrate an end of year.
2. The last staff meeting on May 27th, is a staff Pot Luck. Please bring delicious food. Administration gets the coffee. The staff meeting starts at 8:30.
Please encourage your students to send messages to students who will be going through the halls.
Two additional positions for next year. Tech Coordinator and Testing Coordinator HS. Please email Mrs. Myers by Monday, May 16th if you are interested.
Roster Verification for LINKING is due MAY 17TH. PLEASE COMPLETE THIS ASAP.
Summer Reading Part Two
BLT (ILT) Suggestions that need to be Action Steps for all staff
- Current Reality: VT is the only one who can file truancy letters, possibility of committee for attendance only to complete letters from PowerSchool and mail merge and review data.)
- Rewards/Incentives for good attendance that are team bound for students and are administrative bound for Parents- Have a Parent Awards Assembly that includes attendance
- Parent Incentives: Phone calls during testing, parent communication, personal relationship (parents don't know the VT) speaking to parent (not voicemail), drill down to all phone numbers and email to actually reach the parent and getting a response to increase two way communication which is an OTES standard.
- Incentive for students that have accurate phone numbers in PS: Popcorn party for students that have accurate numbers in PowerSchool: once September, one in January (System for adults to enter the information), School messenger by Myers for report where numbers come up disconnected (about 80 out of 600 current students have disconnected numbers - out of minutes, voicemail full), advisory call their list in the fall to verify numbers.
- Remind 101: Each advisor or K-6 classroom teacher set up Remind 101 groups to send messages to their students in advisory and their parents.
- Advisors, teams could send "I miss you" cards through Snail Mail. Students in class have to all sign it for the students who are missing.
- Other suggestions that can assist with student attendance.