Providence Hall High School
Newsletter December 3-7th
Follow us, post a comment, and like us on facebook @ProvidencehallHS
Sports and activities www.phhspatriotpride.com
Our holiday break is just around the corner. School is out at 1:10pm on Dec 19th. The holiday break will run from December 20th through Jan 1st. Students are back on Jan 2nd.
We have our holiday Performing Arts performances coming up. The performances will be combined so call times and performance times will be finalized by the teacher and communicated out to parents and students.
December 10th @ 6:00pm Guitar and Orchestra
December 13th @ 6:00pm Band and Choir
December 8th is our Winter Waltz Dance.
- The theme is Santa's Toy Land.
- Cost is $10 if purchased early or $15 at the door.
- Tickets are available for sale in the student store during lunch.
- Dance goes from 7:30-10:00pm.
Spirit week will be Dec 3-7th. Here are the dress down day themes:
- Monday: Dress like mom and dad
- Tuesday: White out for the basketball game (varsity starts at 7:00pm)
- Wednesday: Meme day
- Thursday: Ugly sweater and socks and sandals day
- Friday: School colors (9th red, 10th white, 11th black, 12th blue)
The annual lip sync battle will be Dec 6th at 7:00pm in the commons.
ACT Prep Class
We are offering an ACT prep class to get students ready for the ACT. Students have improved their score as much as 4 points on average. It runs every Saturday starting Jan 6th for 6 weeks from 1-4pm. Cost is $275 and can be paid at the front office.
Our school nurses have included information about peanut allergies and what preventative measures the school has in place to help with students who may have peanut allergies. Take a moment and review the attached PDF for more information.
ACT PREP CLASS
Providence Hall is offering a 6-Week ACT Prep Course starting Saturday Jan 6th from 1-4pm. It will continue every Saturday for 6 weeks.
· The instructor will cover each component of the exam including testing strategies.
· Pre and post tests show a minimum of a 3-point increase.
· The cost of the program is $275 and can be paid at the front office
Please contact Ms. Rominger for more information.
All Providence Hall students and staff can access eBooks and audiobooks from our school! Download the Sora by Overdrive app on your device and login with your email. It's absolutely free! See a librarian if you have any trouble.
Finals: Final exams will be given at the end of 2nd quarter in English, Math, Social Studies, and Science. Other classes may give project/performance-based exams. These exams could be worth up to 10% of a student’s final grade. In order to give teachers and students time needed to administer/take these exams PHHS will follow a new finals schedule (found below). Please take time to mark these dates on your calendars in advance. It is important that your student(s) are here for their final exams. No exam will be administered early.
PLEASE REVIEW THE ATTACHMENT FOR THE FINALS CLASS SCHEDULE BELOW!
Students who arrive prior to the 8:00am start time can study in the library, commons, or gym. Students who cannot leave early on Friday due to carpool are able to wait in the gym.
PSAT results will be available to the Juniors and Sophomores who took the exam between December 10-12th via email. These electronic results are only available to the students who submitted their email address during the pre-testing process. Students should be aware that CollegeBoard will be sending this email soon, and they should not delete it.
Students who did not submit their email address or accidentally deleted CollegeBoards email will not receive their results until January when the school receives a paper copy of their reports.
For more information regarding PSAT results, please contact Melissa McPhail via email (email@example.com).
SPORTS AND ACTIVITIES
Our school is starting a wrestling program. For those who are interested in participating email Mr Kingsford at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be doing open gyms and weight lifting for the next couple of weeks every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after school.
Our boys team beat Millard and participated this weekend in the Eagle Classic. Varsity beat Rich but lost to Grand. We have a home game on Wednesday vs North Summit.
Our girls team beat Tintic this last week but lost to Rowland Hall by 1 point. Girls participated in the Morgan Classic losing to Morgan and Skyview. December 4th we have our first home game. It will be a white out so come support the girls. It is varsity only at 7:00pm.
GIRLS BASKETBALL (Sophomore 4:00pm, JV 5:30, Varsity 7:00)
November 20th @ Gunnison Lost 36-48
November 27th @ Tintic (JV 4:30; Varsity 6:00pm) Won 41-36
November 29th @ Rowland Hall (JV 5:30; Varsity 7:00) Lost 30-31
November 30th and Dec 1st @ Morgan Winter Classic Lost Skyview and Morgan
December 4th vs Merit Academy (Endowment game varsity only 7:00pm)
December 7th vs Rich
December 11th vs Altamont
December 13th @ Carbon
December 18th vs Union
December 20th @ Grantsville
January 3rd vs ALA
January 8th vs Delta
January 10th vs Juab
January 15th @ Maeser
January 17th @ Union
January 24th vs Carbon
January 29th @ ALA
January 31st @ Juab
February 5th @ Delta
February 7th vs Maeser (senior night)
February 15-16th First Round State
BOYS BASKETBALL (Fresh/Soph 4:00, JV 5:30, Varsity 7:00)
November 21st vs Summit Academy . Won 49-47
November 28th vs Millard Won 54-38
November 30th-Dec 1st Eagle Classic Won Rich and Lost Grand
December 5th vs North Summit (white out)
December 7th @ South Summit
December 11th @ Rockwell
December 14th vs Carbon
December 19th vs Union
December 21st @ Judge Memorial
December 29th vs Altamont (Endowment game varsity @ 2:00pm)
January 4th vs ALA
January 9th vs Delta
January 11th @ Juab
January 16th vs Maeser
January 18th @ Union
January 25th @ Carbon
January 30th @ ALA
February 1st vs Juab
February 6th @ Delta
February 8th @ Maeser
February 15-16th 1st Round State
Color Guard Performances
- Home Boys Varsity Basketball games
- Home Girls Varsity Basketball games
Physical Fitness Team
- Thur Nov 8, 2018 @ Weber State University, Ogden, UT(Weber State ROTC Wildcat Challenge)
- Sat, Nov 17, 2018 @Dixie High School, St. George, UT (Dixie High School Obstacle Course, Tire Challenge, Push-up/Sit-up Challenge)
- Sat, Dec 15, 2018 @ Northridge High School, Layton, UT(Northridge High School Demonstration Meet)
- Sat, Jan 12, 2019 @ either Taylorsville High School or Utah Military Academy (Taylorsville High School Invitational Meet)
- Sat, Feb 2, 2019 @ Northridge High School, Layton, UT
(Northridge High School Invitational Meet)
- Sat, Mar 16, 2019 @ West High School, Salt Lake City, UT (Utah State JROTC Drill Championships
- Sat, Apr 13, 2019 @ Curtis High School, University Place, WA(Northwest Area 13 Drill Championships
Air Rifle Marksmanship Team
- Sat, Jan 26, 2019 @ Utah Military Academy (Utah JROTC Regional Rifle Meet)
- Thur-Sat, Feb 7-9, 2019 @ Arizona (Western Region Rifle Tournament)
- Sat, Mar 2, 2019 @ Utah Military Academy or Independence High School (Provo, UT)
(Utah State JROTC Air Rifle Championships)
- Thur-Sat, Mar 21-23 @ Alabama (National JROTC Air Rifle Championships)
- Fri-Sat, Apr 5-6, 2019 @ Pensacola, FL (Navy National Drill, Colorguard, Championships)