BY: T.J. Salmon
- Married to Aphrodite
- Mother- Hera
- Father- Zeus
- Children- Eukleia, Eupheme, Euthenia, Kabeiroi, Kabeirides, Palikoi, Philophrosyne,Thaleia, and Ardalos
- Hephaestus is immortal.
- He is the God of blacksmiths, sculptors, metallurgy, fire, and volcanoes.
- his roman name was Vulcan.
- When Hephaestus was born Hera threw him from Olympus because he was crippled.
- He was raised by Thetis and Eurynome.
- Hephaestus made the aegis ( a round buckler shield) for Zeus to strike terror into mortals.
- He was the patron of all craftsmen.
- he also built a palace for King Aietes.
- He made a beautiful golden necklace for Zeus who gave it to Europa.
- He was skilled in all forms of metalwork and created many gold and silver gifts for the other gods.
- He created four magical fountains for the palace of King Aietes.
- He was married to Aphrodite.
- Aphrodite cheated on him.
God of the Greek Myths - Hephaestus
I chose Hephaestus as my god because he is a really interesting god. He makes amazing metal tools and armor. Hephaestus was a strong willed god. He never let anyone bring his spirits down. I also chose him because he is the only god that works with fires, metal, and volcanoes. Which is pretty cool. Without Hephaestus the other gods would not have their weapons. Which would make them less powerful. he also likes to work with fire and so do i.