Due by Tues. January 7, 2014
You and a Partner will be working together!
Use any search engine to locate the information in the questions provided. Answer the questions in complete sentences on your own sheet of paper. Both you and your partner will be turning in a final paper. Be sure to number the questions appropriately and title your paper Landfill Research.
Landfill Research Questions Below
- What laws regulate landfills?
- What government agency oversees landfills?
- Find 3 more things not mentioned in your notes that are forbidden from being put in a landfill.
- How do recycling centers work?
- Who purchases recycled materials from recycling centers?
- What type of recycled material is there the biggest demand for?
- List at least 5 diseases/disorders that have been attributed to older “dumps”.
- What is done with materials that are recycled but no company is interested in buying?
- In San Antonio, where is the nearest recycling center?
- What does the future look like in regards to landfills?
- What does the future look like in regards to recycling centers?
- What are some problems you see regarding landfills?
- What are some problems you see regarding recycling centers?
- Draw a picture of a landfill, showing the different layers that are required and how each day’s trash must be covered.
AN ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS IN COMPLETE SENTENCES AND INCLUDE THE DRAWING, IN COLOR, OF THE LANDFILL.