Agriculture in china
zhou puqing 1A
located in Southeast Asia along the coastline of the Pacific Ocean, China is the world's third largest country, after Russia and Canada. With an area of 9.6 million square kilometers and a coastline of 18,000 kilometers, its shape on the map is like a rooster.
- The current population of China is 1,379,856,496 as of Monday, February 8, 2016, based on the latest United Nations estimates.
- China population is equivalent to 18.72% of the total world population.
- In the politics of the People's Republic of China, the Central People's Government forms one of three interlocking branches of power, the others being the Communist Party of China and the People's Liberation Army.
- China have a substantial increase in real living standards and a marked decline in poverty. Between 1981 and 2008, the proportion of China's population living on less than $1.25/day is estimated to have fallen from 85% to 13.1%, meaning that roughly 600 million people were taken out of poverty.
if china have an agency similar to USDA in order to control food safety and to protect farmers ?
lt's similar.They all have a department to control food safety . But china have another department to protect farmer and land.USDA doesn't have this.
Chinese people basic infromation
- Education in China is a state-run system of public education run by the Ministry of Education. All citizens must attend school for at least nine years, known as the nine-year compulsory education, which the government funds.
- The average annual household income in China, converted to dollars, was$10,220, compared with $84,300 in the United States (the median US income is $47,300.) One of the few similarities was average household assets: in both China and the U.S., the average family's assets were about eight times its average income.
- the average family size is 3.38 .
- Religions in China. China is a multi-religious country. Taoism, Buddhism, lslamism, Protestantism and Catholicism have all developed quite a following in this country. Freedom of belief is a government policy, and normal religious activities are protected by the constitution.
animal rights & welfare issues
as the Global Timesreported, “Shi Kun, director of the Wildlife Institute at Beijing Forestry University, told the Global Times that China has long been criticized for not treating wild animals humanely, but with legal recognition of animal welfare, the country should be able to make progress on curbing phenomenon like overtime performance by zoo animals and harsh living conditions for wildlife on farms.”
- China Agriculture is one of the most important sector of economy and as the statistics suggest the China Agriculture provides more than 12 percent of the total Gross Domestic Product or the GDP in the country.
- China Agriculture according to statistics provides the biggest output compared to other countries in the world but only 15 percent of the total land available in China can be cultivated.
farming in china
One Day in the Life of a Rice Farmer
farming in the US
Dairy farming in South Dakota U.S.A.
different farming between china and US
- Technology:manpower /machine power
- common crops:paddy ,wheat , corn/wheat , bean corn
- common animal : chicken , dark , goose,pig / horse , cow , sheep ,pig
- common consumed foods:rice,green vegetable,meat,ect. /bread,bean,meat,ect. (some strange food in china like animal's viscera<liver,heart,gut> / till now l haven't seen a strange one)
- china don't have the same ranch as the US have