Barrow Arts and Sciences Academy
Opening August 2020
We invite you to review the suggestions posted on the BASA website.
The BASA application for 2020-2021 is now available! Visit our website, then click "Application" in the top right corner.
The application window for attending the Barrow Arts and Sciences Academy for the 2020-2021 school year officially opens October 14, 2019 and closes November 15, 2019. However, you are welcome to apply early. We plan to accept students into 8th, 9th, and 10th grades; however, rising 11th grade students are welcome to express their interest as well.
Space will be limited, so submit your application early!
Middle School Information Meetings
We will be hosting one informational meeting at each Barrow County middle school for prospective BASA families. There will be a brief presentation followed by the opportunity to ask questions and meet the principal.
- Bear Creek Middle School: Thursday, September 26th at 7:00pm
- Haymon-Morris Middle School: Tuesday, September 17th at 6:00pm
- Russell Middle School: Tuesday, September 10th at 6:00pm
- Westside Middle School: Thursday, October 3rd at 6:00pm
We hope you will attend! RSVP on Facebook, and feel free to send any questions you may have to email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Question
Will BASA prepare me for college?
Yes! In addition to exceeding the state requirements for graduation and college entrance, BASA students will also have wide access to Advanced Placement (AP) and dual enrollment courses for college credit. We are in discussions with several local colleges and universities to ensure that our students have multiple dual enrollment opportunities available to them on our campus.
Have a question you'd like answered in this newsletter? Send your questions to Dr. Dale Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Charles Black Construction has installed 100% of the concrete slab on 1st and 2nd floor of the classroom building.
- Structural steel erection for the classroom building is well under way and has begun for the student center.
- Interior mechanical, electrical, and plumbing rough-in has begun.
- Concrete block is being installed in stairwells, mechanical rooms, and restrooms.
- The exterior metal studs are being installed.
- Student center footprint with concrete foundations is 100% complete.
- The new bus loop parking lot has curb and base installed.
- Temporary and permanent grassing is installed and working toward stabilization.