NMS Parent Update
September 23, 2022
Check out what is happening at NMS!!
SMILE - NMS Picture Day - September 30, 2022
September 30, 2022
Order forms were sent home with students this week... check out their backpacks (I am sure they didn't make it out!!). Get out your smile and be ready for your close-up!!
Mark Your Calendars - Beauty and the Beast Jr.
Don't miss this AMAZING show!!
Updated from the Nurse's Office
**NY State Mandates certain health requirements for all schools, at the end of last school year I sent home letters outlining what was needed. Second notices have gone out to all students who still need to meet these requirements. NYS offers no religious exemption for vaccines; all students must provide the school with proof of vaccine or written proof of allergy from the student’s primary care physician.
1. Required for incoming 7th grade - proof of physical in the last calendar year must be dated after 09/21/2021.
2. Required for incoming 7th grade students’ Meningitis vaccine.
3. Required for incoming 6th grade students’ Tdap vaccine
Parents have until the 29th of September 2022 to provide proof of vaccine or can demonstrate that student has an appointment to receive the required vaccination, or your child may be excluded from school. If you are unable to get an appointment with your Primary care physician for vaccination, please contact l Chenango County Public Health at 607-337-1660. If you have questions about any of these things do not hesitate to call the Middle School Heath Office.
** Head Lice – Students are no longer sent home or excluded from school because of head lice, if a student is found to have headlice, the parent will be called and notified, student may stay the rest of the day and be treated at home that evening.
1. Please be vigilant, check your child’s head weekly.
2. If your child has long hair encourage them to pull it back.
3. Encourage your child not to share! Do not swap hoodies, do not share combs, brushes, or hair ties etc.
4. If you do discover your child has lice, please treat immediately, if you have questions on how to treat your child or your home, please do not hesitate to call the health office.
Bill Rapp Subaru Adopts Norwich Middle School
Responsibility for Work
Students must make up ALL missed work!!!
Helping Your Student be Successful
Here are some ways that parents can play an effective role in student success:
A) Encourage students to be leaders
B) Encourage students to be responsible
C) Encourage students to be respectful
D) Encourage students to be honest
E) Encourage students to follow school rules and policies
Dates to Remember
30 - Picture Day
7 - No School - Staff Development Day
10 - No School - Columbus Day
14 - Early Dismissal Drill
Make sure and get the app
Don't miss out on this important communication tool from Norwich Schools!!