Update from Vista Oaks
A great place for your child to grow...
Update for November 14, 2014
Mark Your Calendars - Important Upcoming Dates
- There is no school the week of November 24 - 28. Please enjoy a wonderful week with your family.
The Family Holiday Bazaar
- Join us for this fun event on Thursday, December 11 from 12:30 - 3:30.
- Please look for more information below.
K-8: Upcoming Enrichment Schedule
- The fall semester's Enrichment Classes will end the week of December 1 - 5.
- The spring semester's Enrichment Classes will begin the week of January 26.
- Look for fun learning opportunities (like the Family Holiday Bazaar) during the "off" weeks.
High School: Upcoming Onsite Class Schedule
- The fall semester's onsite classes for our high school students will end the week of December 15 - 19.
- The spring semester's onsite classes for our high school students will begin the week of January 12 - 16.
High School: Save the Date for the High School Prom
- "GARDEN OF DREAMS" is the theme for this year's prom.
- April 18, 2015 from 6:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Tickets will be $30 each.
- More information coming soon...
K - 8 Enrichment: What's Happening Thursday's Art Class
Thursday's Art Enrichment Class - Teacher, Casey Maupin
Our students are incredibly lucky to enjoy an hour each week with Ms. Casey! To learn more about what they are doing, please visit her blog/newsletter for ongoing updates and pictures. (And, yes, this past week's art activities involved charcoal!) Click the link below to see what our Thursday artists have been up to.
Reminder - Vista Oaks is a Nut-Free, Allergy-Friendly School
Please double check when sending in food and snacks with your student.
- No food or drink (except water) are allowed in the classrooms.
- If celebrating a child's birthday with classmates, please send in food-free "goodie bags" or other food-free items. (Thanks!)
- For lunch and snacks, we do not allow nuts or products made with nuts.
- If your child has a severe food allergy or health need, please let your teacher know.
I always love how our students are better at remembering and looking out for each other than we are! (Great job, students!)
Thank you for your help and diligence in keeping all of our students safe.
A Tad Bit Of Autumn News From The Academic Counselor
Mark your calendar VOCS 8th grade families! On February 25, 2015 at 5pm, all Byron VOCS 8th grade families are invited to an annual VOCS High School Orientation Day: You are warmly welcome to come get acquainted and prepared with high school options, meet our Executive Director, speak with teachers, and check in with the academic counselor. VOCS Leadership Students are invited as well! All VOCS 8th grade families receive a complimentary 2015 VOCS High School Orientation Welcome Packet.
Have an effervescent November; VOCS 2015 orientation invitations are forthcoming!
Academic Counselor, Zetta Chen firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Folders: Another Way for Us to Communicate
- Information and flyers for upcoming events
- Notes or papers specifically for one of your students
- More detailed information about our Family Holiday Bazaar
Wondering where to find your "Family Folder?" See Charmaine the next time you are in the Resource Room.
A Great Resource for Writers
Mark Your Calendar…Family Holiday Bazaar on Dec. 11
What is the Family Holiday Bazaar?
Interested students will be assigned a table or space depending on what their business needs are. Each Vista Oaks student is invited to create their own business/booth, which they will run at the Holiday Bazaar. Pairs or small groups of students are also welcome to set up a business. Businesses should be creative and can include jewelry, winter globes, ornaments, artwork, bookmarks, games, or services.
All are welcome to attend on December 11! You don't need to run a business to shop and enjoy the fun.
More detailed information will be sent to you in the next week. If you would like more information now, please contact Charmaine at email@example.com.
A special thanks to our Wolves Leadership Team for coordinating this event!