4th grade happenings at Agua Caliente
I can't believe it's already halfway through the second quarter! Time flies when you are having fun! So far, we have completed the following:
- Conferences - it was great to meet with all of you!
- We have covered two expository texts in reading - we learned the TIGRRS process of how to read this type of text. T - topic, I - intent of author, G - graphic organizer, R - read, R - reread, S - summarize.
- In writing, we have written a biography about a fellow student and are beginning brochures on a type of plant.
- In math, we have been learning tons of different strategies to multiply multi-digit numbers. We are beginning to practice our math fact fluency on Moby Max and through flash cards.
- In science, we have been studying the effects of changing variables while growing plants. We have also continued our field studies at Agua Caliente Park.
- In social studies, we are studying timelines about Arizona history and researching items on the timeline. We are also preparing to go on another field trip - this time to Saguaro National Park East.
Please make sure to look at your child's progress report and speak with them about their progress. Please also sign it and send it back with your child if you haven't done so already. Remember that these progress reports only reflect a few weeks' work. A more accurate picture over time will be reflected upon quarter grades. You can help your child by asking to see their graded work each week and work with them on their homework. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thank you for partnering with me in your child's education.
Please sign up with the link below for coming to watch your child present their dress-up day biography presentation.
Your kiddos did great that day! Check them out!
What beautiful artwork we got to see!
Bike Safety classes
Has your child still been using their awesome helmet? What a great program!
Our monthly walking field trips to Agua Caliente Park have been so wonderful! The expectations of the students are to be focused and ready to be citizen scientists. Please talk with your child about the many instruments they use and what kind of information they collect each month!
We will have many more field trips this year. You are welcome to come to any. Please let me know beforehand if you are able to join!
The students enjoyed a fall treat mix from one of the students. What a nice surprise!
Treats are always welcome, just let me know beforehand so we can go over any restrictions if there are questions.
Birthday treats are also welcome, we have time to enjoy them at recess in the mornings.
Saguaro National Park trip
Thursday, Nov. 19th, 8:45am-1:15pm
Saguaro National Park, Pima County, AZ, United States
We are heading to the east park. Make sure to ask your child about their checklist of things to bring/not to bring.
4th grade music performance
Wednesday, Nov. 25th, 10am
11420 East Limberlost Road
Come watch your child perform!
Agua Caliente Park field trip
Friday, Dec. 4th, 8:30am-12:30pm
Agua Caliente Park Road
This next walking field trip, we will bring a lunch and have a picnic there...weather permitting!