2nd Grade @ ROE
We are so excited for all of our new friends that have joined us in 2nd grade! This year is going to be filled with lots of fun adventures and laughter. We invite you to join us on our adventure of positive energy! Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
*For Mrs.Vick's class please contact email@example.com while Mrs. Vick is out on maternity leave.
* For Mrs. Hernandez's class please contact firstname.lastname@example.org while Mrs. Hernandez is out on maternity leave.
September 13-17 - Celebrate Freedom Week: Students are encouraged to memorize the beginning of the Preamble to the Declaration of Independence.
September 17 - Constitution Day: Students may wear red, white, blue, or patriotic shirts with uniform bottoms or jeans
September 24- End of the 1st 6 weeks- 2nd grade Glow day- wear bright colors or white; Big Kahuna Fundraiser ends
September 27 - Staff Development (no school for students)
- Transportation changes need to be called into the front office.
- Download the ROISD app
- If you have any questions or concerns, contact your student's teacher.
- Big Kahuna fundraiser is going on now.
- Please make sure your student is in compliance with the dress code:
- Shirt colors - Maroon, white, grey, navy, black
- Pants - Jeans or uniform bottoms in black, navy, or khaki
- Jackets - Solid black, maroon, white, grey, or navy
- If you have any questions please refer to the student handbook on dress code.
ELAR: I can establish the purpose for reading. I can plan a first draft.
Math: I can determine the value of coins up to $1.00.
Science: I can compare changes to matter through heating and cooling
Social Studies: I can explain the purpose of the U.S. Constitution.