Opening Week a Success!
- Kindergarten: Learning about centers and meeting new friends during snack
- 1st Grade: Singing The Classroom Rules Rap and participating in the Daily Five
- 2nd Grade: Exploring our new Go Math! books and our Fundations materials
- 3rd Grade: Getting introduced to Reader's and Writer's Workshop notebooks
- 4th Grade: Writing about our first interactive read aloud and exploring our new math books
- 5th Grade: Talking with students about what books they are reading during independent reading and taking a math test (I passed :) )
- 6th Grade: Meeting new students in the Cafeteria - I plan to get in their classes next week!
As you can see from my travels, our learning adventure is off to an excellent start! I look forward to continuing to share it with you as the year progresses!
I hope many of you can join us for our annual Meet & Greet which will be this Thursday from 6:00-7:00. The teachers (and I am sure your children) are looking forward to meeting you and introducing you to their learning community!
Monday, September 1st: No School, Labor Day
Tuesday-Thursday 9/2-9/4: Book FairWednesday, September 3rd: PTO Meeting, 7:00
Thursday, September 4th: Meet & Greet, 6:00
Wednesday, September 10th: Early Release, 11:30 Dismissal
Wednesday, September 24th: Early Release, 11:30 Dismissal