In this assignment I will give a little information about Pollution. One of the many environmental issues are society has. Pollution is substances or things that has harmful or poisonous effects. I feel like we need to not pollute the air because if we do it'll soon catch up to us.
Air Pollution is one of the many series problems in the world. The reason why is because there are harmful chemicals in the atmosphere and will cause a long-term and a short-term health effect. The Short-term effects are eye, nose and throat irritation, headaches, and allergic reactions Some long-term health effects are lung cancer, brain damage, and respiratory disease. Air pollution causes damage to crops, animals,forests, and body's of water. It contributes to the ozone layer, which protects the Earth from sun Rays. Another negative effect of air pollution is the acid rain, that can harm trees, soils, rivers and wildlife.
Addressing The Problem
- Conserve energy - turn off appliances and lights when you leave the room.
- Recycle paper, plastic, glass bottles, cardboard, and aluminum cans.
- Keep woodstoves and fireplaces well maintained. You should also consider replacing old wood stoves with EPA-certified models.
- Plant deciduous trees in locations around your home to provide shade in the summer, but to allow light in the winter.
- Buy green electricity-produced by low-or even zero-pollution facilities.
- Connect your outdoor lights to a timer or use solar lighting.
- Wash clothes with warm or cold water instead of hot.
- Lower the thermostat on your water heater to 120F.