News from Principal Lamothe
Hello PRS Wizards!
This week was exciting as we had author Marty Kelley here who gave two presentations to our little wizards on writing a book and how as he said, "What cool of a job it is." We were able to navigate our first 2 hour delay and all were kept safe. Please see below all the important information coming up in the next few weeks.
📝 From Central Office 📝
Attached please find a survey for parents, guardians and caregivers that will help inform the district's on-going equity work. The survey will take approximately 10-minutes to complete and is based on the RECIII framework, a tool that addresses the diverse needs of students with an emphasis on school climate and culture. Your input is appreciated.
Please check your child(ren)'s Schoolcafe.com account to add to or pay off the balance.
Food Services will be phasing out the sale of single use water bottles. Once the current inventory is gone we will no longer sell 8oz waters. There is a filtered water hydration station available right in the cafeteria for any student that would need water.
Mrs. Dunphy's Breakfast Book Club
Open to all 4th & 5th grade students, starts March 10th, 7:30am in the PRS Cafeteria. The book that will be discussed is The Year of the Dog by Grace Lin. Copies of the book are available in the library.
5th Grade to 6th Grade Parent Info Night
More information to come.
Thursday, Apr 27, 2023, 07:00 PM
Hingham Middle School, Main Street, Hingham, MA, USA
By clicking on above "PRS PTO News" will bring you to the PTO website.
- 3/6 - Get Smart About Art (GSAA) - Grade 1
- 3/7 - All Town Band Concert - 7:00 PM - Grades 5-12 - HHS
- 3/8 - PTO Meeting - PRS Cafeteria
- 3/9 Japanese Story Telling - Grade 1
- 3/7 - All Town Orchestra Concert - 7:00 PM - Grades 5-12 - HMS
- 3/10 Mrs. Dunphy's Book Club Breakfast
- 3/10 - Civics State House Visit - Grade 5
- 3/20 - Mad Science assembly for 2nd grade classes, planned and funded by PRS PTO
- 3/18, 10-11am - 1000 Book Club Relaunch Event for preschool and K PRS families
- 3/22 - Len Cabral storyteller to visit PRS
- 4/3 - MCAS - Grade 4 - ELA
- 4/4 - MCAS - Grade 4 - ELA
- 4/5 - Conferences
- 4/10 - MCAS - Grade 5 - ELA
- 4/11 - MCAS - Grade 5 - EL
- 4/12 - MCAS - Grade 3 - ELA
- 4/13 - MCAS - Grade 3 - ELA
- 4/24 - Families have asked that we have no homework on Monday, April 24th, grades K-12 in order to support their attendance at town meetings.
- 4/24 - Acton Discovery Museum presents Bubbles to Grade K, planned and funded by PRS PTO5/1 - MCAS - Grade 5 - ELA
- 5/2 - MCAS - Grade 4 - ELA
- 5/8 - MCAS - Grade 4 - ELA
- 5/9 - MCAS - Grade 4 - ELA
- 5/10 - MCAS - Grade 3 - ELA
- 5/11 - MCAS - Grade 3 - ELA
- 5/22 - MCAS - Grade 5 - SCI
- 5/23 - MCAS - Grade 5 -SCI
SCHOOL SUPPLIES - You can order online through Yubbler or purchase on your own. Choose your incoming grade level supply list here
1000 BOOK CLUB - This is a great program for preschool and kindergarten students to check out book bags and read with families!
LOOKING FOR AFTERSCHOOL CARE?
Kids in Action (KIA) Before and After-School Programs are for Hingham students in grades K-5. Our curriculum focuses on social and emotional development with support in academic skills through play and guidance.https://hinghamschools.org/academic-programs/kids-in-action9/
FREE LUNCH FOR ALL - This year, due to Federal Assistance, lunch will be served free of charge. This year, there will also be a breakfast program ( also peanut/tree nut free) for students who wish to partake in that. There will be one “grab and go breakfast” offering daily.
VOLUNTEERS - We are happy to have parent volunteers in our school again! As we enter a new school year, all volunteers in the schools (classroom volunteers, field trip chaperones, etc.) will require a new CORI check. Forms can be found in the main office or here
Administrative Assistants- Suzanne Price & Anne Bernazanni
School Resource Officer - Officer McGillicuddy /Officer Carr
Nurse - Kristin Godfrey
K - Amy Maescher, Kim O'Brien, Julianne Riley
1st - Nancy Bucey, Katie Burritt, Janette Harrington
2nd - Cyndi Bonani, Krystal Bilodeau, Michelle Shapiro
3rd - Laura Falvey, Meagan Ottatti, Shawna Reames
4th - Kara Kremer, Maura Talbot, Susan Willison
5th - Julie Harrington, Joan Kilban, Meryl Vella, Shannon Wragg
Art - Alice Caldwell
Computer Science - Rebekah Stahl-Bryant
Library - Mary Dunphy
Music - Dorothy Turner
Phys.Ed.- Mikayla Pagnini
Spanish - Kendelle Ingram
Teachers - Colin Butler, Meaghan Gaven, Elizabeth Rubertone, Cassie Pacella, Lauren Smith
School Psychologist- Dr. Brett Bolger
Administrative Assistant - Susan Carey
Adjustment Counselor - A.C. Decker
School Guidance Counselor - Carolyn St. Laurence
Literacy Specialists - Kati Osterman (K-2nd) and Jennifer Madden (3rd-5th)
Literacy Interventionists - Wendy Kirk and Nicole O'Brien
Math Specialist - Jessica Kitchen
Math Interventionists- Christine Lotano, Letitia Reil