Notes for School Librarians
Creative Commons is NOT Copyright
- Copyright is completely restrictive: it does not allow anyone except for the copyright holder to use or modify the work.
- Creative Commons encourages sharing works through the Internet and allows the license holder to control just how much or how little they would like others to use and/or change their work.
- Attribution, Attribution-NoDerivs, Attribution-ShareAlike, Attribution-NonCommercial, Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike, Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs
Best Ways for School Librarians to Use Creative Commons
- License your own work, i.e. stories, poems, songs, photographs etc.
- Find images, audio and video that you can use in your lesson plans without worrying about copyright infringement--use the search tool on the CC site