School Begins on Monday!
August 31, 2020
Extended Day OPENS - September 8, 2020
Due to staffing challenges, AM and PM extended day will BEGIN on September 8, 2020.
Sorry in advance for the inconvenience!
For questions, please contact email@example.com
Thank you for joining us on this journey as we partner to help educate your children in the 2020-2021 academic year. We are excited to welcome your children on Monday, August 31. Doors open at 8:30 am. There is no doubt there will be some bumps in the road ahead, but together we can navigate each of them. Below are a few quick notes related to this week.
· Please send your child to school with a filled water bottle each morning. They will be allowed to refill it, if needed, at lunch.
· Please make sure your student has at least 3 masks in their school bag and masks worn at school should be washed each day they are used.
* At this time parents are not allowed in the building.
* If your student needs to be picked up early, please send a note with them to school and put it in their folder for their teacher. Appointments during the day should be avoided when possible.
IMPORTANT NOTES: Regarding Health to keep us all Healthy and Safe - Please Read!
This year, more than ever, we will have to be flexible and be prepared to pivot in response to the impact of COVID-19 within our community. We share the responsibility - students, staff, and parents alike to do everything possible to minimize risk and exposure whenever possible. The more successful we are in doing so, the greater the chance we can maintain the in-person learning option for the greatest number of students for the longest period.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Please USE the Daily At-Home Screening every morning. Please take this request seriously, even though it may result in a disruption to your daily life, and that we know will add to the stress level of each household. We will do our best to provide you with offsite learning as soon as possible if your child(ren) must quarantine at home due to exposure and/or become symptomatic and/or test positive for COVID-19. If your student is showing symptoms, please keep your student at home and call the attendance line (651-501-2255).
Pick up (3:25 - 3:45 pm) and Drop Off (8:30 am - 8:50 am)
To assist us we ask each family to:
· Remind your student to put their mask on before they leave the car. Even though they are outside they will be surrounded by other students and it will be difficult to maintain 6 ft social distancing protocols.
· For PM pick up, please be patient in line. Pull all the way up to the end of the sidewalk and your student(s) will walk to your car. Please label your car with your last name, so we know who you are picking up. (Map listed below).
· This year we will use the entire parking lot (with no PM busing). Parents will be given a sign with their last name on it (until I can memorize the vehicles you drive) - please put this in the window, so we can see who you are.
· Please do not leave your car to pick up your children (unless in preschool). Please wait in the pickup line. Students this year WILL NOT meet you under the church canopy.
Thank you for doing your part to help us minimize risk!
We will be asking for your patience this year as things can change as the spread of COVID-19 can infiltrate a community quickly. We will continue to monitor infection rates in our broader community and internally. Our goal has not changed - we desire to offer in-person learning for our students if we can provide a safe and healthy environment for all. This is new for all of us and we hope and trust we can all navigate these unchartered waters with grace, patience, and hope.
Our teachers and staff remain committed to their vocation to teach your children to the best of their ability as they grow in Christian Discipleship, Academic Excellence, and Great Love. This summer they have worked tirelessly to restructure their approach to education to allow for quality instruction. They are ready and we thank them for all their efforts!
How can you HELP? We need volunteers.
* Lunch Server - 11:00 am - 1:00 pm - you will work with Mrs. Chuhel serving lunch - no experience necessary
* Recess Workers
11:45 - 12:10 pm - 3rd - 5th grade
12:20 - 12:45 pm - K - 2
1:05 - 1:30 pm - Middle School
* Volunteer Nurse - looking for help daily to provide basic care - ice packs, band-aids
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays.
Look for a link this week. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
In order to volunteer, you must have taken the Virtus Essential 3 training for Protecting God's Children. https://virtusonline.org/virtus/ . Please check with Martha Praska in the church to confirm that you are able to volunteer. email@example.com
Father Erickson and Father Lynch!
And, the Star Tribune story ran a story in Sunday’s paper (front page, below the fold) about the economic fallout of COVID-19. It included an interview with Fr. John Paul Erickson from Transfiguration, Oakdale and a photo of Fr. Brian Lynch:
Lunch and Lunch Checks
Please send a check with your student to put lunch money in your Educate account. Each child will have a lunch # which will take money out of their account for lunch. This year there will not be a salad bar, all of the food and utensils will be on the plate. You can split funds in each child's lunch account since each child has a different number.
Pictures September 16, 2020
School Name: Transfiguration Catholic School
Picture Day Date: Wednesday, September 16
Picture Day ID: EVTJ3JZFS
Transfiguration exists to lead all those in the East Metro to Christ who is the
source and summit of our lives.
We are a school that teaches our students Christian Discipleship,
Academic Excellence, and Great Love.
Transfiguration Masks For Sale.