INDIA'S OUTDOOR AIR POLLUTION
Preslee Owen and Trinity Smith
- Burning fossil fuels (coal,petroleum,biomass fuel,& other unprocessed fuels)
- Driving in 2 stroke engine vichiles
- Driving 3 wheeled taxis
- Missing work do to illnesses
- Early death
- Lung diseases
W.H.O. (World Health Organization)
The W.H.O quotes "Air pollution is contamination of the indoor or outdoor environment by any chemical, physical or biological agent that modifies the natural characteristics of the atmosphere."
- attempted solution: India's supreme court mandated the all people in Delhi convert to compressed natural gas in all vehicles. (opposed to petroleum or diesel) this had a negative impact however!!!!!!!!
- Invest in public transit
- Place a tax on diesel fuel
- Stop feeing to riding buses
- Increase fees on private car rides