November 20, 2020
Dates to Remember
11/22 - Last day to shop the Online Scholastic Book Fair
11/23 - 11/27 - Thanksgiving Break - No School
11/30 - Students Return to Instruction
12/17 - "Paw-Some" Awards on Announcements (Wear BLUE for Integrity)
12/18 - Early Release for Students at 12:10 PM
12/21 - 01/05 - Winter Break - No School
01/01 - New Years Day
01/06 - Students Return to Instruction
A Message from Dr. Lambert
On this Friday leading into the Thanksgiving break, I want to share a few of the things for which I am thankful:
- I am thankful to have had the opportunity to join Mrs. Davies's class for part of the virtual Thanksgiving feast.
- I am thankful for the support and dedication of the remarkable staff at Bush Elementary.
- I am thankful for the writing graphic organizers shaped like turkeys and festooned with feathers in third grade.
- I am thankful for the talents of our second grade students who are learning virtually that led to the Veterans Day 3D art project displayed in the school's entry.
- I am thankful that the PTO feeds our staff with amazing regularity.
- I am thankful for unexpected Thanksgiving cards.
- I am thankful for children who enjoy telling me about their lives.
- I am thankful that kindergarten students always love my shoes or shirt or mask or haircut or, really, anything else.
- I am thankful for the new staff that has joined the Bush team. We have some amazing people who have joined us this year.
- I am thankful for the teachers who make me smile just at the mention of their name.
- I am thankful for the opportunity to serve the kids that go to school at Bush (online and in-person) each day.
- I am thankful for the student who asks me about Pokemon at dismissal.
- I am thankful for the offering of grace and good cheer and for people who accept help in difficult times.
I am most thankful to be greeted in the hall with a passing "I love you." And to end this brief message on the Thanksgiving edition of the Bush Banner,
I love you all,
Dr. Jarod Lambert
CHANGING INSTRUCTIONAL PLATFORMS
As our campus prepares for the start of the third grading period, we know that some families may be considering changing instructional platforms. If you would like to move your child from remote/online instruction to face-to-face instruction or vice versa, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, December 1. The third grading period begins on January 6th.
Message from our Front Office
- All transportation changes need to be emailed to email@example.com before 2:00 PM each day.
- Car rider dismissal reminder: Entering the school driveway at dismissal is by right turn only. All traffic leaving the school should turn right onto Crownridge as well.
- Only visitors essential to school operations will be permitted to enter CISD facilities.
- All individuals entering the building must wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose.
- Visitors will be required to complete a COVID-19 screening form in the reception area prior to leaving the front office area.
- Only essential learning items can be dropped off on our outside drop off table.
- Students forgetting lunches will be allowed to get a meal from the cafeteria.
- Students need to have a mask on while riding a CISD school bus.
Last Chance to Shop = Book Fair closes this Sunday!
You’re invited to shop our Scholastic Book Fair ONLINE until Sunday, NOVEMBER 22, 2020! All purchases benefit our school and connect kids with new books, favorite characters, complete series, and more.
You’ll love the NEW option to shop for Book Fair exclusives directly from the interactive booklist and enjoy these special online shopping features:
· Over 6,000 items, including new releases, best sellers, and value packs
· All orders ship direct to home
· FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25*
· All purchases support our school and earn 25% in rewards
· It’s a great way to do some holiday shopping 😊
Visit our Book Fair Homepage and click “Shop Now” to get started:
*Free standard shipping is available on book-only orders of $25 or more, after all discounts are applied. Free standard shipping (books) must be selected during checkout. Orders containing products other than books are not eligible for this shipping promotion.
2021-2022 SCHOOL CALENDAR FEEDBACK
School zone and car rider drop off safety reminders
As a reminder our school doors do not open until 7:30 AM. We ask that you do not drop off your child before that time as they will be on the front porch unattended.
- Please remember to remind your children not to cross until the crossing guards are at their posts in the morning.
- A picture of your child's barcode on your phone will not work for car rider line. We have to scan each barcode and you need the actual print out.
- Please do not drop of children on Crownridge Drive at the school path. If you are in car line the children should remain in the vehicle until they are at the front of the school.
- While driving, allow crossing guards to cross children and to return to the sidewalk before driving through the crosswalk.
- Cell phones should not be used while in the school zone.
- No dogs are allowed on school property.
- U-turns are not allowed on Crownridge Drive.
- Please do not sit on the curb or allow your children to play in the street.
Afternoon Dismissal Signs
If additional dismissal signs are needed you can print those right from your personal CISD Parent Access.
1.) Either login or create yourself an account on CISD Parent Access - Here is the link: https://www.conroeisd.net/parents/
2.) Once logged in the towards the bottom of the screen you will see "Meals" and next to that is a choice that reads "PRINT CURBSIDE MEAL CARD." You can click on that and print as many as you need. Do not enlarge, or they will not scan.
The page that opens that you need to print will include:
Bush Elementary School
Students Last Name, First Name
Again, you can print as many of these as you need.
Referral Requests for Gifted and Talented Testing
Referral requests are now open for Conroe Independent School District Gifted and Talented program. Although the testing will not take place until late January for both remote and in-person platforms, referral requests are accepted at this time. Referral requests can be made by the parents and/or teachers. It is recommended that parents of 2nd grade students wait until CogAT scores have arrived before nominating their child because CogAT scores are part of the GT assessment. If you are interested in referring your child, you may want to discuss this with your child’s teacher at conferences. Referrals will be accepted through December 18. You may request a referral form from the front office or the Assistant Principal. You can also find the referral form and other GT information on the CISD GT homepage.
Reporting Positive COVID-19 Cases Over Thanksgiving Break
Any student or staff who receives a confirmed positive COVID-19 test or is directly exposed to someone who is confirmed positive on any date from 11/21/20-11/29/20 will be required to notify Bush administration via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any positive test results received during these dates will require the 10 day isolation period which will start on the date of onset of symptoms (please indicate this date in the email).
Any student or staff who is directly exposed to someone who receives a confirmed positive test during these dates will require the 14 day quarantine period (please indicate the date of exposure in the email).
Any student or staff living with someone who is confirmed positive and cannot totally isolate from that person will require the 10 day isolation plus the 14 day quarantine period. The earliest return to school date will then be emailed to you.
Please stay healthy and safe throughout this Thanksgiving week.
Bush Clinic Phone - 936-709-1609
Students are cleared to return to school when the nurse receives documentation of the following: Health care provider clearance letter to return to school, including a date the student may return OR Negative COVID-19 test results. Please keep your child home until ALL symptoms have subsided, including being fever free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
ISOLATION OR QUARANTINE:
· Students who are absent due to isolation or quarantine criteria who log in to SeeSaw or Canvas before 11:59 pm will be counted as a REMOTE ATTENDANCE.
· Students who are absent due to isolation or quarantine criteria who are unable to sign into SeeSaw or Canvas before 11:59 pm will be counted as an EXCUSED ABSENCE.
Per Conroe ISD guidelines: If your child has a fever or other symptoms that could be from COVID-19 and does not get tested OR is not cleared by their healthcare provider with an alternative diagnosis, it is assumed the child has COVID-19 and may not return to school until the following 3 criteria are met:
1. Has been fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
2. AND child has improved symptoms.
3. AND at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
Please email or fax (936-709-1699) healthcare provider date of return to school confirmation or COVID-19 test results to the nurse email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org in order to return to school sooner than the 10 day isolation period.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
· Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater to or equal to 100 dg F.
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Muscle or body aches
· New loss of taste or smell
· Sore throat
· Congestion or runny nose
· Nausea or vomiting
· Shaking or exaggerated shivering https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/care-for-someone.html
PLEASE NOTIFY THE NURSE OR THE FRONT OFFICE IF YOUR CHILD DEVELOPS ANY OF THE ABOVE SYMPTOMS.
MEDICATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Prescription medication must be in the original container, properly labeled including the student’s name, the name of the medication, directions concerning dosage, the schedule for administration, expiration date, and the date the prescription was filled. No expired prescription medication will be administered. No more than a ninety (90) day supply of a prescription medication may be checked in at one time.
Over-the-counter medications such as Tylenol, ibuprofen, cough or cold medicines that could potentially mask COVID-19 symptoms will require a written order from your child’s health care provider. Special Medication Note: Due to CDC COVID-19 guidelines nebulizer medications cannot be administered at school at this time.
CURB SIDE MEDICATION SIGN IN:
Please email or call the clinic if your child will require a scheduled or prescription medication for this school year. A medication permission form will be emailed to you, or let us know if you need to pick up a paper copy.
Medications will be dropped off via curb side delivery Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30-2:30. Please email email@example.com or call 936-709-1600 (front office) or 936-709-1609 (clinic) to let us know that you are here for medication drop off. Nurse Cheryl will come out to your car to collect the signed forms and medication.
CLINIC STUDENT CLOTHING REQUEST:
In case of restroom accidents, spills, muddy clothes, please keep a complete change of clothes in your child’s backpack in a zip lock bag to have on hand. The clinic will not have extra clothes in the clinic to provide our students. Parents will be called to bring clothing changes if their child does not have extra clothes available in their backpack. Thank you for your help!
Nurse Cheryl Kirchner, RN
Evelin Padilla, Clinic Assistant
Bush Bobcats Holiday Assistance
Our Bush Bobcat Family has always been very generous when it comes to helping out our own Bobcats whose families are needing assistance, especially during the holiday season. We want to make the holiday extra special for these families by helping to put gifts under their trees. If you would like to help, please sign-up to bring in a gift or two for one or more of the children listed below. You will see each child's age, gender and a few suggested gift ideas. When you choose a child, do not feel obligated to get everything on their list, one or two items from their listed suggestions would be helpful.
Click here to visit Mrs. McGhee’s Virtual Counseling Office
Click here for Coronavirus Resources for Students and Families
Highlights of Generation Texas Week
Monday, November 16, 2020
Tuesday, November 17, 2020
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Thursday, November 19, 2020
Friday, November 20, 2020
Conroe ISD's School Messenger
All SMS messages received from the Conroe ISD District Office and your child's campus will begin with "Conroe ISD:" and come from the subscribe code 67587. If you have not yet opted-in to receive SMS messages, you can do so at any time throughout the school year by texting "Y" to 67587.
Winter spirit wear is on sale NOW!
The yearbook team needs pictures of your Bobcat
Use the ImageShare app to upload pictures from your smartphone of:
- Virtual Learners Participating in Boosterthon
- Dressing up for Red Ribbon Week
- Enjoying Spirit Nights
- Wearing Barbara Bush Spirit Wear
Be sure to identify the grade level of the children pictured before uploading photos. The Barbara Bush Project Number: 126474. There’s no upload code. Thank you for your help to ensure our yearbook represents all of our students!
Support Bush When You Shop with Amazon Smile
Bush Elementary: A nurturing and inclusive community where students become empowered citizens and life-long learners. Every student, every day!
Our school hours are officially 8:00-3:10. Students may arrive as early as 7:30 and will go to their homeroom beginning at that time.
The Conroe Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936)-709-7700 and the Section 504/ADA Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7670.