The Modern Era Emerges
Industrial Revolution, French Revolution, WWI and WWII
Rivalries between nations
- Industrialization caused some to have and some to be have-nots.
- Countries began forming alliances to protect their assets.
- Countries began taking over other nations to gain more raw goods. This waswas called Imperialism.
- 1914, WWI began when Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria was assassinated by Serbians.
- Germany, Austria-Hungary, and Turks vs France, UK, and America. Russia dropped out early due to problems at home.
Leaders in WWII
Leader of Germany, primarily responsible for WWII.
Leader of Great Britain. One of the strongest leaders who had warned of the war years in advance.
Also known for the murder of his own people, but was a vital part of stopping Hitler.
- The Treaty of Versailles punished Germany for WWI. It made them take the blame, pay back for the war, and shamed the people.
- Japan invaded Manchuria.
- America was attacked in Pearl Harbor bringing us into the war.
- Hitler killed Jews and other non-German people in what is called the Holocaust and is a form of a genocide.
- Japan dropped the atomic bomb on Japan to end the war.