4K A.M. Class
May 9, 2016
Happy Mother's Day!
Last Week...May 2nd-5th
We planted seeds and will be watching them change and grow during the next couple weeks.
We painted hands and feet to create these unique flowers.
Blooming Into Kindergartners!
Upcoming Dates & Important Information...
- Monday, May 30th No School-Memorial Day
- I finished the Spring Pals assessment. Report cards and Pals scores will be coming home June 7th.
- Monday, June 6th will be the 4K picnic. It will start at 10:45 at the Splash Pad Park. More info will be coming home soon.
- Tuesday, June 7th-Last day of school
This Week...May 9th-12th
- We will be finishing up our A to Z Alphabet Art book. Have your child read the book to you and talk about each activity they did and what they used to create each page. Enjoy!
- We will be making unique bugs. Some bug vocabulary we will be learning is head, abdomen, and thorax. See if your child can point to these parts on their bug.
- At the math center, children will be rolling a dice and adding 2 numbers of ladybug dots together. If your child brings this sheet home...take a look at it and see if they were able to add correctly.
- Can your child follow directions? We will be doing a following directions sheet called Insects in the Garden. Look and see if they were able to follow the given directions.
Letter Z Activities...
- Zoom around the block.
- Zip zippers.
- Look for zeros at the grocery store.
- Read a book about zoo animals.
- Take a field trip to the zoo.
Practice writing "z" across, slant down, across
Please bring a show and tell object that starts with the letter Zz on Thursday, May 12th. Have your child practice sharing one detail about their object to a family member to prepare them for our Show & Tell community circle time.