News from Fourth Grade
November 16-November 20
This week we will be continuing to learn how to use the structure of a nonfiction text to chunk and summarize what we have read. We will also be working on how to write reader responses to nonfiction texts.
Remember students should be recording their 30 minutes of reading every night on their home reading log and turning it in every Friday!
This week we will be continuing to work on multi-step word problems in our guided math groups. Students will be working daily through a rotation of four stations (independent work, hands on activity, technology practice, teacher group). Students will also be working daily on math facts practice.
Weekly Home Expectations
- 30 minutes of reading a night recorded on Home Reading Log
- Math facts practice (IXL, xtramath, fashcards, etc.)
- FYI: The fire alarm was accidentally set off by a maintenance person who was testing a univent in the gym this morning (11/13). There was no fire at any time.
- Report Cards will be sent home Monday, November 16th!
- American Education Week- Monday, November 16th - Friday, November 20th (information about this week's events will be in your student's Friday Folder)
- NO SCHOOL- Monday, November 23rd - Friday, November 27th (Parent Conferences/Thanksgiving Break)
- Please remember that students are no longer allowed to bring in birthday treats. However, they may bring in a non-food item to share with their classmates on their birthday. There are 21 students in our classroom.