Hillcrest Family Newsletter
May 15th, 2020
PTO Thank You Video
Enjoy this video of all the photos shared! Find the video HERE!
Message from Mrs. Lincicum
Be sure to check out the link to the video in the message above. There were so many smiling faces at our Reverse Parade that we are going to do it again! We are tentatively planning on hosting again on the last day of school, June 9th, around the lunch hour. Specific details are coming but it will be the same format and the same place! This really was the highlight of our time apart and it will be a fitting time to wave good-bye for the summer.
Thank you to the 5th grade parent committee who is busy planning creative ways to honor our 5th graders at the end of the year. Chris Adent is heading up the work and if you haven't been in the loop, be sure to reach out to anyone on the 5th grade teacher team and they can connect you with the information.
A couple other reminders:
*Next week there are opportunities to pick up your child's belongings, health room medications and yearbook while dropping off library books and classroom library books. Please see the attached note that went home via email this week. Extra Bonus: the lost and found will be available for viewing as well. If the scheduled times do not work for you, please feel free to come at a different block. If none of the blocks work for you, we can schedule a walk up time in June.
* If you know your child is going to be absent from virtual learning for a day, please email Mrs. Perez at email@example.com or call 970-1805 to report an absence.
We are still here for you. If there is anything we can do to help. Please reach out. No one should suffer through this time alone. We are better together and we genuinely do want to help.
Final PTO Meeting
Monthly PTO Meeting: Put May 20th at 6:15 PM on your calendar to join the virtual PTO meeting. Recap the 2019-2020 year, hear an update form Mrs. Lincicum, vote for the 2020-2021 Board while connecting with other adults virtually. Save this LINK to join or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a notification for the meeting.
Staff Appreciation Donors List
Message from Our Library Media Services
Parents here is some helpful information as you get ready to return library books to school when you are picking up belongings from school in the next few weeks.
- Any items left in classrooms will be returned to the library by the teachers as they organize student items.
- You will be sent a notice of all materials checked out to your student via email through our library system this week and/or next week. You can also login to the library system to see your student's account. See the directions below.
- Please follow the school instructions for returning materials outlined by the principal.
- All library materials (including items returned from classrooms) will be checked in about a week after the pick-up days to allow a time of quarantine for the safety of the library staff. Returned items will not be reflected in the student library account until that time.
- No fees will be charged for returned items in good condition. The system automatically assigns a fee for late materials, but the fees are dropped once the items are checked in.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Bartol (email@example.com) or Mrs. Haas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Here is the process for logging into student library accounts:
- Go to https://sdw.waukesha.k12.wi.us/domain/81
- Click on your child's school. The school library home page will open.
- In the upper right corner of the library home page click on login.
- The username is the beginning of the student email (example: sstudent001) The password is the student lunch code and safeword (example: 123456fun)
- Click on the MyInfo tab on the top left part of the page. You will see a list of books that the student has checked out.
Hillcrest Elementary School
We take pride in our history, our inclusive community and our collective sense of wonder!