Asbury Day School PTO
Ephesians 4:16 || Proverbs 27:17
Welcome to the Asbury Day School PTO!
What is PTO?:
The PTO is a formal organization composed of parents, teachers and staff that is intended to facilitate parental participation in school activities and support overall school success!
We are glad that you have taken a moment to learn more about us!
Making every child's potential a reality.
- A powerful voice for all children.
- A relevant resource for families and communities.
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate compassionately in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
These core values guide our decisions and actions:
- COLLABORATION: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- COMMITMENT: We are dedicated to promoting children's health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- RESPECT: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- INCLUSIVITY: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- INTEGRITY: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
Friendly Reminders of some happenings for the month of October:
October 27th: 'Spirit Night' at Gringo's in LaPorte (come eat lunch/ dinner and mention our school at pay out. Please spread the word to friends, family & neighbors!
TBD: We are currently deciding on a fundraiser...narrowing it down to 2 choices. More information coming soon!
***PTO will be meeting monthly every 1st Monday of the month at 6:00pm, so please make plans to attend & join us in helping our children and school. Thank you!
Asbury Day School BOX TOPS
(WE are still collecting the clipped cardboard ones, but they are phasing everything to digital. Please contact Ms. Woods at school or Mrs. Erica with PTO for more information!) Thank you!
2020 - 2021 PTO Committee
Vice President: Erica Rodabaugh
Secretary: Blessy Thomas
Founding Members: Reba Mathew, Gonzalo Lemus
Asbury Alpaca Smile
"A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but the heartache crushes the spirit."
Asbury Alpacas at Rest
"Come to me ... and I will give you rest."
Asbury Alpacas at Play
"With my God, I can leap over walls."
PTO "Spirit Night" at a local restaurant
Tuesday, Oct. 27th, 11am-10pm
2631 Underwood Road
La Porte, TX