Newsletter for Employee Health Promotions Committee Members
January 2017 Edition
Mid-year Check In
10K-A-Day, Trekking Amazing ICELAND, Feb. 1 - Feb. 28, 2017
10,000 Steps = 5 Miles! That's the GOAL Each DAY in February.
Begin tracking your steps with a pedometer, Wednesday, February 1st.
Pedometers are only $2.00 and individuals in need of this should contact Site Representatives who will then contact Jan Lundquist.
- Maps, sign-up info and tracking logs will be shared with you in Google AND paper promotional materials will be mailed to your site by January 25th.
- Make up 2 teams at your site and make it a healthy and fun competition or compete with another site!
- Rewards drawing will be held the 1st week of March.
We can't wait to share ICELAND's beautiful country and will share with you information about Geysers, Glaciers, Mountains, Volcanoes, Unique Wildlife and more while we're trekking.
Site Allocations for 2016-17 School year
Site Representatives are encouraged to use these funds in the following ways:
A. hosting wellness events or classes which serve all employees of your site
B. supporting participation in District-coordinated EHP events such as 10K-a day,
Bike/Walk to Work or Shake it Up Challenge
C. rewarding site employees in achieving wellness goals
Invoices and Receipts must be turned in to Jan Lundquist within 1 week of receiving. Gift cards can not be awarded and sales tax can not be paid or reimbursed. (auditor regulations)
Other Items to Promote
- Vital Worklife Employee Assistance Program. The program is geared toward recognizing an employee's problems and helping to find appropriate help. This service is confidential and is available to both employees and members of their household--at no cost to you. Their phone number is: 1-800-383-1908.
- MAPS Community Education and Recreation classes and events are advertised in the seasonal brochure each Fall, Winter and Summer. Employees are eligible for a $10 fee reduction for a class in each brochure. Each individual must register and provide their employee email address and work site. Contact the CER office at 507-387-5501 Current Winter Brochure
- READY! for Kindergarten. At the time of a requested paternity/maternity leave, the employee is given a gift certificate entitling them to two (2) years of READY! for Kindergarten Classes advertised in the seasonal Early Childhood Brochure. Registration is conducted through the Early Learning Office by submitting the gift certificate and completing the paperwork process.
- Employee Walk and Bike Day. May 10 2017
- Shake It Up. End of May 2017
- Wellness Book Study through Summer 2017 Learning Academy
2. If you have questions, comments or ideas = Share them with us here
3. Help promote the year's events and build excitement within your team