Pre-K 4 News!
Juan Diego Academy January 5, 2015
Welcome to this New Year 2016. We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. May God bless all of you and with best wishes of health, happiness and prosperity during this year and the years to come.
- Happy Birthday Lucia P. January 4th.
- Pay to dress Friday January 8th.
- Mrs. Laura Puryear will be in Extended Care and after a month’s time someone else may be hired.
- Noon dismissal Wednesday January 13th, professional development.
- Monday January 18th No School Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday observed.
- State of the School Mtg. for parents on Wednesday Jan. 20th at 6:30 pm.
- Catholic Schools week will be from January 31st to February 6th. Watch out for a schedule of fun dress –up days this week to celebrate.
Curriculum News: This week is review to recall vocabulary in Spanish. Our next themes will be Transportation/Transportación and Weather and climate/Tiempo y clima.
Oral Language: Our readings will be “How the thunder and lightening got exist”/“Cómo el trueno y el relámpago llegaron a existir”, and Can you move with me? !Ven muévete así! and “Animals in the winter” /“Los animales en invierno”
Religion: We will talk how Jesus came for all people./Jesus vino por todos nosotros. The children will learn the story of the shepherds who were invited by the angels to the place of Jesus’ birth. We will also celebrate "El Dia de los Reyes" or the Epiphany with the arrival of the three Kings at the manger on January 6th.
Estrellita: The children are reviewing vocabulary that begins with the sound of the letter Ii. They reviewed all letters sounds this week and worked in their vocabulary spiral notebook journals writing the letters and gluing in their new vocabulary.
- Homework and Show and Tell will resume next week.
- If children wear boots or rain boots, they must also have a pair of tennis shoes to wear indoors.
- The value for the month of December was "Generosity." The children receiving the award will be Taloauau Setefano and Hollis Zehrung. Congratulations!
We hope you have a wonderful week. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Sra. Raquel L., Sra. Farías and Sra. Laura P.