Neil Armstrong Elementary
Dr. Stevenson's Weekly News- Week 2
What's happening in Culture, Communication, and Collaboration?
Please take a minute to read all the way to the bottom to see a video of one of our students enjoying a healthy fruit as snack as part of our Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Program. Thank you for trying this out for our kids! I appreciate your communication about any concerns you might have.
Also, there is a video of our visitors from BHS leading us in some Bulldog spirit to kick off our Reading Challenge! I appreciate your collaboration to help promote reading and school spirit.
This will be a shorter newsletter this week due to my absences with the college move. I did get some official good news via Dr. Schutte regarding our SINA status so I pasted it here:
2014-2015 AYP Notification August 20, 2015
Neil Armstrong Elementary School
2014-2015 AYP Determination
Participation Rate Annual Measurable Objective (AMO)
Reading MET Delay-1
Mathematics MET MET
Other Academic Indicator: MET
Delay Status – Districts and schools identified as in need of assistance must meet state AYP requirements for two consecutive years before they can change status. Delay means that the district or school has met AYP goals for one year and is delayed at their current status until next year’s results are determined.
Here are some updates for this week:
- Academic Data Team meets on Mondays at 7:45 in the conference room.
- Behavior Data Team meets on Tuesdays at 7:45 in the conference room.
- No formal grade level PK-5 data teams the week of August 24-28. Please do meet as a team of two teachers, though, to get in the habit at your Monday or Tuesday scheduled time. I will try to pop in and check in with you then again this week.
PLEASE email me your final daily schedule on the excel spreadsheet. I believe I uploaded all that emailed them to me, but still need:
- Amber M.
- Chrissy (need electronically)
- Graciela, Trisha, Jenni, and Carrie are all TBD
- FAST testing for aReading begins Monday. PLEASE stay as quiet as you can (Level 0 hallway) by the computer lab and library. A detailed schedule went out via email from Carrie. Thanks in advance for being flexible and to Jenni, Carrie, Colleen, Sally, Holly, and Stacey for their work on FAST.
- I will be doing phone interviews and in person interviews this week for the kindergarten paraeducator position. Thanks for your patience during that transition!
- We have early out on Wednesday. Preschool is still out at 11:45 and K-5 dismiss at 1:10. We will have all certified staff meet in the library at 1:45 on Wednesday. Per our SIP, we will review our culture study results from last spring and work on our plan for 15-16. If you have any items you want me to cover, please let me know.
Monday August 24
7:45 Academic Data Team for Danielle, Carrie, Jenni, Lisa, Ardie, Jodi, Ellen, & Debbie (re: BN)
8:50 2nd grade collaboration time
10:50 4th grade collaboration time
12:20 1st grade collaboration time
1:20 Kindergarten collaboration time
2:20 5th grade collaboration time
Tuesday August 25
7:45 Behavior Data Team for Carrie, Jenni, Danielle, Ardie, Amber, Brooke, and Lisa (504 discussion)
9:50 3rd grade collaboration time
2:00 PK grade collaboration time
Wednesday August 26
12:00 NA Core team meeting w/Barb, Lori, Danielle, Anne, and Christy Davis
1:10 K-5 early dismissal
1:45-4:00 Professional development in school library for all certified staff
Thursday August 27
9:00 Morning meeting recordings w/Colleen & 5th graders
1:00 Weekly instructional coaches' meeting w/Jenni and Carrie
2:30 Weekly 21CCLC meeting w/Becca
6:00-7:30 NA PTA Ice Cream Social & Curriculum Night
Friday August 28
7:45 NA/AEA SPED monthly team meeting w/Jodi, Amber, Ellen, Brooke, Peg, Ardie, Lisa in conference room
7:45 NA PBIS committee meeting in library for those not in AEA meeting (Danielle, Colleen, Jessica, Kyrie, Adrianna, Becky, Kate, Becca, John, Andrea(? can you come?)
9:00 Weekly school counselor meeting with Danielle
10:30 Weekly office meeting with Mindy, Kimberly, and Lori
Bus safety drill- thanks for your help with this process!
Reading Challenge Kick-Off with BHS cheerleaders & football players
It was awesome to see the high school students here and see our students get excited about reading! Thanks to Colleen for setting it ALL up!
Kindergarten is here full-time now! I hope they found the Gingerbread Man!