Richey's First Take
Sunday, April 2, 2023
Tuesday- Superhero Day- Ms. Burrows loves Superwoman. If you have superhero gear wear it on Tuesday.
Wednesday- Send The Love Day- Students can write Ms. Burrows a nice note or say something nice when they see her in the classroom or hallway.
Thursday- Candy Land Day- Wear your team colors
1st Grade- Purple
2nd Grade- Yellow
3rd Grade- Green
4th Grade- Orange
5th Grade- Blue
Need a reason not to cook dinner? Come out to eat at Chipotle on Kirkwood Highway on Tuesday, April 18, 2023, from 4-8 p.m. for dine-in or take-out. 33% of food sales will be donated to the Richey PTO. Does not apply to delivery orders. For more information, go to www.richeypto.org/fundraisers.
- You can use our original flyer at the gate for the PTO to get credit.
- If you cannot go on April 8th but want to attend on a different day, you can use our flyer at the gate.
- You can still purchase your tickets online if you have not purchased them yet.
- Don’t forget to print the flyer and present it at the gate at Milburn Orchards.
- 15% of ticket sales will go to Richey PTO.
For more information and links to buy tickets and print our flyer, please check out our website: www.richeypto.org/fundraisers.
We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions, please email the PTO at email@example.com. Thank you for supporting Richey PTO!
We will have state testing for our students in grades 3rd-5th. May 2nd, May 4th, May 9th, May 11th, and May 17th will be testing days for our students.
It is very important that our students are on time for school. Once the testing starts in a classroom a student may not enter the classroom late when state testing is going on.
Please make sure that your children are getting to bed on time to ensure they are well-rested for the assessment.
Please remind your children to take their time on the assessment. We are excited to see all the knowledge that they have learned this school year.
Thank you for your support!
- March 30: End of 3rd Marking Period
- March 31: No School- Staff In-Service Day
- April 5: PAWS Cart
- April 6: MTSS Frozen Treat Day- 10 PAWS
- April 7-16: Spring Break- No School
- April 18: Chipotle Fundraiser- 4 pm-8 pm
- April 19: Red Clay School Board Meeting. 7 pm Richardson Park Elementary (Hybrid)
- April 21: Kids Heart Challenge Assembly
- April 26: Richey Spirit Day
- April 26: Kindergarten Registration Event. 4:45 pm-6 pm
- April 27: PTO Glow Dance 6:00 pm- 8:00 pm
PTO Glow Dance
Families reach out to us for suggestions and resources in the community. In order to provide help to our Richey families, we have added a resources section to our website. Please go to www.redclayschools.com/richey and hover your mouse over the Our Resources section in the top right-hand corner. You will find information on how to contact agencies for food assistance, emergency housing, utility assistance, outpatient counseling, crisis hotline numbers, Second Step program codes, and also included are parenting tip sheets and activities. If you have any questions or need additional resources, please reach out to Mrs. Durant (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Chromebooks and Cold temperatures
As we move into the winter months, it's important to remember that no technology devices should be left in cars overnight.
Batteries drain rapidly in freezing temperatures and condensation can cause permanent damage to the battery and LCD screen. If you forget to bring your student's Chromebook into your home, the best thing to do is not use it immediately. Bring it inside and gradually let the Chromebook warm to room temperature before charging and turning on the device.
Snacks in the Cafeteria
Box Tops for Education
Did you know that the Box Tops for Education Program is 100% digital and it's an easy way to help earn funds for our PTO? Simply download the Box Tops for Education App to get started and be sure to share the information with your friends and family. We earn money when receipts with eligible items are scanned.