May 2, 2016
Accelerated Reader Tally
Eckley - 2, 941, 923 Words Read
Markus - 2, 794, 585 Words Read
Sherren - 1, 940, 079 Words Read
Chapple/Marston - 380, 120 Words Read
Hill- 66, 760 Words Read
Zielinski - 8, 835 Words Read
Upper-Grade Students 250,000+ Club
- Angel Coleman - 1, 031, 261 (Baker Nash)
- Jeremiah Williams - 739, 529 (Baker Nash)
- Xavier Moreno- 536, 115 (Baker Nash)
- Nevaeh Wilson - 534, 283 (Baker Nash)
- Kassandra Nunez-Lopez - 383, 732 (Baker Nash)
- Isaiah West- 370, 237 (Markus)
- Brijae Quintana - 370, 174 (Markus)
- Billy Johnson - 348, 042 (Baker Nash)
- West Katoa - 332, 133 (Baker Nash)
- Alex Vidaca - 324, 423 (Markus)
- Christian Stewart - 307, 075 (Baker Nash)
- Jailyah Johnson - 284, 334 (Baker Nash)
- Ishmael Solwazi - 278, 815 (Eckley)
- Darius Ealy - 267, 541 (Markus)
- Ayanna Johnson - 258, 495 (Eckley)
- Miriam Angulo - 253, 029 (Sherren)
Primary Students 25,000+ Club
- Alexis Musselwhite- 122, 979 (Chapple)
- David Castaneda- 94, 527 (Chapple)
- Allen Owens- 44, 963 (Chapple)
- Kamal Conyers- West -29, 882 (Chapple)
- Wysdon Owens - 26, 965 (Hill)
Ms. Eckley and Mr. Sherren for making it through SBAC testing like champs this week.
Ms. Zielinski for bringing her students and ladybugs to the garden for hands-on learning.
Mr. Gray for being flexible with your time and schedule this week.
Ms. Gross for all the additional behind the scenes things you do to make everything happen.
Ms. Eckley and Mr. Carranza for sharing your classrooms for Google Classroom training and being flexible with the changes.
Ms. Nicole for helping out in Room 17
Mr. Williams and the afterschool program staff for supporting students with science fair project research and planning.
Thank you for sweetening us up with the donuts friday!
Bravo to Ms.Hill's class and their birthday graphs bulletin board. It was great to see the process involved in their activities
Howard community for being flexible during SBAC Testing.
Please let me know if you have a shout out you would like to see in our Howard
- Science Prep will be in the computer lab.
- The library will not be available this week.
- Chromebook sign-outs have been suspended to accommodate SBAC Testing
- Mr Gray and Ms Laird will be providing support during SBAC testing and will not be available for push in and/or enrichment.
- The deadline for PTO field trip requests is May 1st.
- Please continue to email any tech issues to Ms. Brown, so they can be resolved as soon as possible.
- To ensure student safety, it is important that all staff report to yard duty on time.
Week at a Glance
ILT Meeting 3 to 4
Cost Meeting 11 to 12
Faculty Focus with the Superintendent @ Reach 3 to 4
Staff PD 2 to 3:30-PBIS
Baker Nash Field Trip
Williams Off Site - Principal PD
Farmers Market 12 to 5:30
Staff PD 1:30 to 2:30 - PBIS
Staff PD 1:30 to 2:30 - PBIS
Important Upcoming Dates
Staff Meeting 5/9
Student of the Month Assemblies 5/13
FC Meeting 5/16
Family Literacy Night 5/25
Minimum Day 5/26
No School 5/28 & 5/30
Howard Carnaval 6/2
5th Grade Promotion 6/8
Odds and Ends
- Here are two upcoming events:
Oakland Book Festival
Bay Area Book Festival
- Web resources (go noodle, class dojo, etc) can be found here.
- All Howard documents can be found here.
- PD Agendas can be found here
- Please sign up for Chromebook carts using the Chromebook sign out calendar
- Please submit attendance by 10:30 am daily
- Personal leave days must be requested 3 days in advance by completing a B form and submitting to Mrs Ratcliff.
- Incident reports should be filled out and submitted to the office for all head and major injuries (Incident reports do not go home).
- Ouch reports should be filled out and sent home for all minor injuries.
- Sign in and out daily with arrival and departure times.
- All independent study requests must be referred to Mrs Gross.