Oak Ridge High School Newsletter
High School Announcements
- There is a Saturday school this Saturday from 8-12 with Mrs. Schroeder. If you have hours to make up, and have received an email from the HS Office, attend in Mrs. Lewis's room on Saturday. Bring assignments you need to make up.
- The last day for seniors at the CTC will be 5/12
- Juniors will attend CTC all week through 5/18
- MAP/EOC make ups will take place all week
- JH Dance tonight. Parents may attend from 6:15-6:30 for the Pictures that may be taken from 6:15-6:30. Dance begins at 6:30, doors close at 7 p.m. Once students leave, they may not return. Make sure outside dates bring a school ID. A small concession stand will be available. Bring cash for your tickets and snacks.
- Seniors–you need to bring what you are going to wear to graduation on May 17 for the school walk through and the pictures! Hang up your cap and gowns now to release wrinkles-do not iron.
We are working on bringing a clothes steamer. If you want your gown steamed, bring the cap and gown back to school this week
- Boys Basketball Conference T-Shirt order forms are now in the high school office. Stop by and grab one!
- Oak Ridge is hiring students for summer work on the grounds. If you are interested there are applications in the office or you can find it here.
- Students should not be carrying medications on them and if they need something at school, it should be kept in the nurse’s office.
- Reminder: Hats are not allowed to be worn at school during the school day unless it is a designated hat day.
- Shorts from the handbook-Biker shorts (spandex) and short shorts as outerwear will be inappropriate. Shorts must appropriately cover one’s person (mid-thigh).
- FFA has five hats left for sale-$20 (that's our cost-not a fundraiser).
- I only have a couple girls left that need to pay for their basketball gear. Please let me know if you need to confirm if you have paid or not and I will be more than happy to tell you. The total cost is $55 and checks can be made out to OR Girls Basketball. Thanks! Coach Ward
- FCA (Fellowship of Christian Anyones) every Wednesday during advisory, HS library, Grades 6-12. We read scripture, hear a student-led devotion, and work on the secondary birthday service project.
- Honors Banquet will be Thursday, May 11 at 6:30 p.m. in the Cafeteria.
- Athletic Banquet May 12 at 6 p.m in the Elem gym and Cafeteria. Invitations will be coming shortly.
- FFA Banquet will be on Saturday, May 13 at 5 p.m. in the Cafeteria
- Kona Ice Schedule for 5/15/2023–teachers are free
Marching Order has been determined
5/11 Honors Banquet at 6:30
5/11 Senior Finals-evens
5/12 Senior finals-odds (Last day for seniors @ CTC)
5/12 Senior Awards Ceremony during 8th hour-all school invited to new gym-last day for seniors attending–this is for scholarship recognition & top percentages in Senior classes
Senior breakfast at 9:00 in cafeteria
Seniors will put on caps/gowns and walkthrough school at 10:20
All other students will be taking finals on May 17 (evens) and May 18 (odds)
Graduation practice to follow at 10:45 in new gym
Thursday 5/18 during 8th hour-Awards ceremony for grades 6-11, seniors invited but not required to attend
Friday 5/19-graduation night
Arrive at 6 p.m. and meet in Mrs. Lewis’s room
Dress-Boys-button up shirt, tie, dress pants, dress shoes
Dress-Girls-dresses or dress pants, dress shoes
Do not add anything to cap and gown other than Oak Ridge issued cords
Put your name inside of your cap
$5/cone $1/color changing spoon
10:15 (3rd hour)
10:30 (3rd hour)
10:45 (4th hour)
11:00 (4th hour)
11:15 (4th hour)
Senior End of Year Information Sheet
Upcoming Sports/ Field Trip News
5/5/23 HSBb @ Meadow Heights 4:30pm
5/8/23 HSBb vs Crystal City 4:30pm
5/9/23 HSBb vs Bismarck 4:30pm
5/10/23 HSBb vs Scott City 4:30pm Senior Night
5/11/23 FFA to Meadow Heights
5/11/23 4th & 5th Grade Field Trip to Jackson Court House/Cape Nature Center
5/15/23 HSBb District TRN @ South Iron vs TBD 2pm