March 13, 2022
Happy Sunday Harrington Families
I hope everyone is doing well. March has traditionally been viewed as a month in New England that holds many changes with Spring approaching. At Harrington we are a school that believes in communication, support and collaboration that happens in taking into account the feelings and perspectives of each family. Our school community will work to ensure that students and families feel supported and respected in how they choose to navigate the changes ahead.
As a standard message, your support at home is recognized, valued, and appreciated by not only us, but by your child(ren).
- Remind your child every day to be kind. We are all capable of being kind regardless of our individual differences. Promoting a kind environment is important throughout a child’s day both at school and at home.
- Communicate the importance of education to your children. Each child should find time to read at home every day for enjoyment. Engage in dialogue about your child’s school day by asking open-ended questions.
- Encourage play and physical activity. Limit television during the school week and keep your children away from electronics and social media for entertainment purposes.
- Focus your encouragement on the process of hard work and effort, rather than the end result. We want students to learn to work hard and try their best always.
- Establish good routines at home that involve a consistent bedtime. A well-rested child is a happier, more successful child.
- We are a team and partners in your child’s success here at school. Communicate with us often.
Once again, remember to…"Push through your day, Smile, Be Happy, Stay Positive!"
Be safe! Stay well!
Rob & Karen
Penny Wars Student Helpers
Thank you to all the families that sent their children in with coins for the Penny Wars. All of the money was donated to Table of Plenty in Chelmsford. Table of Plenty provides a free weekly meal for families and individuals to help reduce food insecurity. The money raised will be used to purchase food to cook one of their Tuesday evening meals.
Mrs. Bakanowsky’s, first grade class, were the winners of the Penny Wars. Their class alone raised $290. The prize was to be student helpers for a morning. On Friday, they each went to different classrooms across the school to assist teachers. They read stories, called on students, handed out paws and helped students with their work! All teachers who participated and the first graders all loved the experience! The first graders reported that it was the best day ever!
Let's Stay Connected!
Come Puzzle and Play at Harrington’s Virtual Family Math Night
When: Thursday, March 24th at 6:30pm - for approximately 45 minutes
Where: On Zoom - link will be shared the day before the event
Who: The Harrington Community - students and their families - this event is for kids and adults together!
Everyone is invited! Sign up here!
K12 Youth Art Month Exhibit
I am pleased to share that our annual K-12 Youth Art Month Exhibit at the Chelmsford Public Library will open tomorrow! This special event showcases pieces representing each school and illustrates the wide range of art created in our programs.
While we are unfortunately not able to host the traditional reception portion of our art show this year, we encourage you and our Chelmsford families to visit the library through the month of March to view the amazing artwork on display and join us in celebrating Youth Art Month. You can see our program for the exhibit HERE.
Special thanks to all our art teachers who selected and prepared pieces for this special event!
Christy Whittlesey, Ph.D.
PK-12 Fine Arts Coordinator
Chelmsford Public Schools
2013-2021 NAMM "BEST COMMUNITY FOR MUSIC EDUCATION"