Bill Of Rights
Jayde Mace U.S. History period 1
What are bill of rights
- The bill of rights is the collective name for the first ten amendment to the united states constitution.
Bill 1: Freedom of speech, the press and religion
- If you have complains about the government speak up because the government cant stop you.
Bill 2: To the right to bear arms
- Necessary to a free state the right of the people and bear arms shall not be infringed.
- Court Case: Terry V. ohio
- Summary: A police officer withnessed three men pacing in front of a jewelry store. He approached the men and indnified himslef.
Bill 3: The right to privacy in the home
- Solider should not come in your house with out asking you if they can and they cant eat your food with out asking.
Bill 4: Unreasonable search and seizure
- People like the police/solder cant just walk into your house with no search warning and they need to tell you what they are looking for.
Bill 5: Double jeopardy self-icrimiation, and due process of law
To charger people.
Bill 6: The right of the accused in criminal case
When you have done something bad you cant set in jail for years. you have to go to court you can have a lawyer to help and they have to tell who charger you.