ROMS - 6th GC: HAWK HALLER
for the week of 8/31/2020
We made it !!
We made it through week one! Thank you for your patience and grace as we work through this together.
Here is what most teachers are asking students to bring to class everyday:
- Highlighter (math)
- expo marker (math)
- map colors (S.S.)
- Composition notebook
If something is needed other than this, teachers will let you know. If your student is struggling with caring too many supplies, please reach out to the teacher for assistance.
Some have been asking about ID's. We will be taking those over the next couple of weeks.
- Students may enter the building at 7:15 a.m.
- If you get here after 7:55 a.m. you will need to bring your student front of the building to enter.
We made it!
We made it through week one! Thank you for your patience and grace as we work through this together. We appreciate your feedback in how we can make this experience more user friendly for all of us.
Below are a few questions that have been asked.
This week has brought less frustration , teachers and students are starting to find their groove in this new world. That being said, if you are still having frustrations and concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out for help.
- Students are expected to engage daily by 11:59 p.m.
- Attendance is taken each day for the day before, meaning that attendance is one day behind for virtual learners.
- You will be able to see attendance in Skyward
- Engagement could be in a variety of ways, such as attending a live Zoom session, working in the LMS, emailing questions to your teacher, participating in discussion questions, completing the daily product (I will statement) or completing assignments on the LMS.
- Skyward is the official grade book.
- Canvas syncs with Skyward nightly, but it is typically 24 hours behind.
- Grades are updated weekly on Mondays.
- If you are concerned about missing assignments or grades, please reach out to the teacher.