August 12 - Back to School Information
A NOTE FROM DR. TODD
Ready or Not....Our 2022-2023 school year is about to start! Our faculty and staff have been preparing all summer for our students. Our school is alive with positive energy and excitement! We appreciate the ongoing support from our Duello Community and we look forward to having almost ALL of our students back in person :)
This year, we will continue to focus on The Mustang Three - Being Safe, Respectful, and Responsible. These three principles apply in all settings in our lives-so whether your children are attending virtual or in person, please take a moment to discuss these traits. Together, staff and families will help every child reach their full potential! Together, we will do Whatever It Takes!
Please remember that Mrs. Hooton and I are always available to support you and your children. Please do not hesitate to stop in, call, or email us with any questions or concerns. We are here for you and your children.
- August 12 - Transportation information emailed to families and Teacher assignments are shared with families at Elementary Schools and Parent/Student Portals Open
- August 13 - Back to School Fair at Liberty High School from 8 am -11 am
- August 18 - Meet the Teacher from 5 pm - 7 pm
- August 22 - First Day of the 2022-2023 School Year
Kona Ice is coming to a neighborhood near you!
Our principals and Dash will be showing up with Kona Ice. Grab that summer chore cash and meet them at one of the locations listed. We hope to see you there!
Wyndgate Pool @ 11:15
Wyndmere/Mason Glen @ 11:45
Dove Meadows at Spirit Drive @ 12:15
Wyndstone at Deer Ridge Park @ 12:45
Crimson Oaks at Crimson Oaks Ct. @ 1:15
Duello Elementary @ 1:30
WSD Back to School Fair
The event is free for District families and will feature dozens of vendors, free school supplies, games, and fun activities for children. At last year’s event, we distributed over $10,000 worth of school supplies to WSD students. In addition, MoCHIP will be on hand to provide free child identification kits.
- Teacher assignments were shared on August 5 and the portal also opened that day
- An email will go out to families on August 12.
Kindergarten Soft Placement
- Duello Elementary's kindergarten orientation will be held on Thursday, August 19. Your child's teacher will send information about signing up for a personalized visit time. On this day, your kindergartener will have the opportunity to meet their teacher, explore their new classroom, and get familiar with the building. Each teacher will send out sign up information at a later date.
The First Day of School is Monday, August 22 (can't wait to see your kids!)
- Doors will open at 8:05 am.
- Families may walk their students into school for the first week of school. Please do not park in the drop off lines. Be patient because parking can be hard on day 1.
This year we will be celebrating our 3rd annual Duello Independence Day! On Monday, August 29 we are asking for all students to walk independently to their classrooms in the morning. The expectation will be that students walk to their classrooms on their own from this date forward. We invite you to celebrate this occasion by wearing red, white, and blue, or any other patriotic gear.
- Doors open at 8:05 am
- Breakfast from 8:05 am-8:20 am
- Dismissal begins at 3:15 pm
- Kindergarten - 10:45 - 11:10
- 1st Grade - 11:10 - 11:35
- 2nd Grade - 11:25 - 12:00
- 4th Grade - 12:00 - 12:25
- 3rd Grade - 12:25 - 12:50
- 5th Grade - 12:50 - 1:15
Arrival and Dismissal
This is an important reminder of the drop-off and pick-up procedures that we will enforce for the safety and efficiency of the students and parents at Duello. Staff supervision and student drop-off begin at 8:05 a.m. If you arrive early, please wait with your child(ren) until 8:05 am to assure that they are supervised. Parents should not drop students off in the parking lot in order to avoid the drop-off line.
Walkers- Walkers are defined as students who walk home on their own without a parent/guardian. These students will be dismissed and will either travel home alone or meet their parent/guardian. The parking lot is not a designated crosswalk and is extremely dangerous for students to walk through unattended. Please do not bypass the carline for convenience and put your child and others in danger.
Car Riders- Car Riders are defined as students who will have parents/guardians who will utilize our car rider line to drive through and pick their child up. This is the most efficient way if a parent is coming to pick their child up. The line might look long but it moves quickly.
A smooth and efficient procedure takes all of us working together. I appreciate and expect all parents to follow the outlined procedures.
Child Nutrition Updates
Meal charges will resume on the first day of school, August 22nd.
Breakfast K-12 ~ $1.95
Elementary Lunch K-5 ~ $3.00
Secondary Lunch 6-12 ~ $3.10
Reduced Price Meals:
Breakfast ~ $0.30
Lunch ~ $0.40
Applications for free & reduced priced meals are available here or at any school office. In an effort to assist families as we transition back to paid meals, the USDA has increased the income guidelines used to determine eligibility. Click here to see the new guidelines. If you believe your family would qualify for this program, please fill out an application. Applications can be returned by the following methods:
Scan and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: Child Nutrition Services, 101 Support Service Dr., Wentzville, MO 63368