History of Computing
Everything You Need To Know About The History Of Computers
- Keyboard: Keyboard is inputting data to the computer.
- Mouse: Mouse is most popular pointing device.
- Joy Stick: Joystick is a pointing device which is used to move cursor position on a monitor screen.
- Light pen: Light pen is a pointing device which is similar to a pen.
- Track Ball: Track ball is an input device that is mostly used in notebook or laptop computer, instead of a mouse.
- Scanner: Scanner is an input device which works more like a photocopy machine.
- Microphone: MICR input device is generally used in banks because of a large number of cheques to be processed every day.
- Optical Character Reader(OCR): OCR is an input device used to read a printed text. OCR scans text optically character by character.
- Bar Code Reader: Bar Code Reader is a device used for reading bar coded data (data in form of light and dark lines).
- Optical Mark Reader(OMR): OMR is a special type of optical scanner used to recognize the type of mark made by pen or pencil.
- Monitors: Monitors, commonly called as Visual Display Unit (VDU), are the main output device of a computer.
- Graphic Plotter:
- Laser Printer: These are non-impact page printers. They use laser lights to produce the dots needed to form the characters to be printed on a page.
- Impact printer: The impact printers print the characters by striking them on the ribbon which is then pressed on the paper.
- Printer: Printer is an output device, which is used to print information on paper.
Processing and Hardware
- CPU is a Processing in a computer system is handled by the Central Processing Unit.
- RAM random access memory, RAM is the most common type of memory found in computers and other devices.
- power supply is an electronic device that supplies electric energy to an electrical load
- Network Card contains the electronic circuitry required to communicate.
- Graphics Card display screen a printed circuit board that controls the output to a display screen
- Mother Board , baseboard, planar board or logic board.
- Hard Drive disk drive used to read from and write to a hard disk.
A binary code represents text or computer processor instructions using the binary number system's two binary digits, 0 and 1. The binary code assigns a bit string to each symbol.00001= A
Three different types of network
Ring network: Each network must pass trough all the computers.
Bus network: The security of the network is very low and it's very easy to set up
Star network: If a computer breaks the network goes down.