Antarctica Is Important
And Worth Protecting
Throughout my primary school years, people always asked me why is Antarctica is important and worth protecting. Well I can answer that, as well as other 6 questions.
Where is Antarctica located?
How do we use Antarctica?
What Groups of People Visit Antarctica?
What Can We Find In Antarctica?
You can mostly find :
- Different animals
- Volcanoes both extinct and active
What Are The Threats To The Environment Of Antarctica
Top 3 threats to the environment include:
- Tourist ships. There could be oil spills and that damages the environment and the wildlife
- Over fishing. Over fishing could destroy the food chain of the animals, making the chain unbalanced and may be causing extinction if they fish all most of the same species
- Pollution. Polluting the environment and the wildlife of Antarctica.
How Have We Discovered Information About Antarctica?
The Most Important Question Is....
Why Is Antarctica Important?
- Antarctica belongs to everyone
- It is part of the world
- Antarctica has some animal species that could be only found there