News and Notes from the Principal
McAllister Elementary School
Committed to Excellence and Success in All We Do!
Dedicated to rigorous educational tasks that challenge and motivate students while always being focused on continuous improvement.
News and Notes from the Principal!
Happy Fall Y’all! It’s hard to believe that we have already completed the 1st 9 weeks of the school year and have all had a Fall Break to rest, relax and recharge for the 2nd 9 weeks. Even as we have grown in number as a school, I feel that the bond between our families and school community has continued to strengthen as well with wonderful parents/community members such as yourself. The sense of community and support of all stakeholders allows McAllister Elementary School to successfully pull together many engaging activities. Our parent volunteers have been instrumental in assisting in many capacities throughout the school, if you are eager to volunteer and share your passion with our students/teachers be sure to see the information below for upcoming opportunities to get plugged in!
With Fall comes lots of action at McAllister Elementary School, see schedule below for upcoming activities as October is jam packed with lots of opportunities to engage:
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018 – How to Survive the Adolescent Years: Parent Edition – Featuring Dr. Kristi Duke of Savannah Behavioral Pediatrics – Richmond Hill MS – 6:30pm
- Thursday, October 11, 2018 – Progress Reports will be sent home with your child.
- Friday, October 12, 2018 - WonderFall Family Fun Night which is coordinated/organized by our amazing PTSO –We will have Bingo, a bake sale, a basket raffle and much more. This is a family friendly event and we hope that you and the whole family will plan to join us! If you haven’t had a chance, I would strongly recommend checking out their Facebook page “McAllister Elementary PTSO” where they have listed the amazing baskets/prizes up for auction! All the fun will begin at 6pm this Friday night.
- Saturday, October 13, 2018 – 3rd Annual Special Needs Resource Fair – Richmond Hill ES – 9am
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018 – Fall Picture Retakes – Did your little one miss their picture day? If so, they will have an opportunity to take their pictures on this day.
- Monday, October 22 – Friday, October 26, 2018 – Red Ribbon Week – Details to be sent home.
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018 – Flu Shots – If you signed your child up for a flu shot at school they will be given on this date.
- Friday, October 26, 2018 – Career Fair
- October – Parent/Teacher Conferences - Our teachers have begun scheduling parent/teacher conferences during the month of October. We hope that you find this time helpful as we work together for the success of our students!
Moving forward with cooler weather and more ideal conditions, we plan to enter the second phases of our outdoor classroom/garden area that was originally started by a local Girl Scout Troop. Be on the lookout for more information to take part in this event as we all know that many hands make light work!
Based on the success of PBIS within McAllister Elementary School, we have taken PBIS to the school buses! We are encouraged by the potential for this program on each McAllister ES bus and will officially roll this out when students return from Fall Break! This is an opportunity to highlight positive behavior while ensuring the safety of our most prized possessions, our students!
Lastly, I find it important to assess the capacity of McAllister Elementary School as we continually strive for Excellence and Success in ALL we Do! With this, please use the form below as an opportunity to share with me what is going well from your parent perspective at McAllister as well as an area that you feel could use some additional attention or just a recommendation you have! Click Here to Share your Thoughts!
What are the 7 Mindsets?
1. Everything is Possible - Current Mindset of Focus (See Parent Newsletter Below)
Dream big, embrace creativity and expect results
Everything is Possible provides an understanding that we are all capable of living extraordinary lives. We learn that everything that exists was once an idea until someone believed it was possible and made it a reality. Embracing this principle will allow you to envision a wonderful life, expect greatness, and effectively execute the process of making your dreams come true.
2. Passion First
Pursue your authentic talents and deepest interests
Passion First teaches that we are each a unique expression of human existence and that our lives should be focused on finding our unique genius and sharing it with the world to the maximum extent possible. You will learn to make your dreams authentic, and of such critical importance that you'll find the fuel to overcome the obstacles you're certain to face along the way.
3. We Are Connected
Explore the synergies in all relationships and learn to empower one another
We Are Connected teaches us to understand that everyone who comes into our lives can assist us in living our dreams. By applying this mindset, you will learn to constantly explore synergies with others, embrace diversity, and relish competition that will help you maximize your potential with and through others.
4. 100% Accountable
Choose to be responsible for your own happiness and success
100% Accountable teaches that you are not a victim of your past, your future is not predetermined, and your life is what you choose it to be from this moment forward. With a focus on recognizing fears and excuses, this mindset allows you to break down barriers, free your mind, and focus your energy to take critical steps toward accomplishing your goals.
5. Attitude of Gratitude
Seek positives from every experience and be thankful for all you have
An attitude of Gratitude teaches that you can choose the positives or the negatives in your life as the foundation on which to build your future. Choose the positives, and you're on your way toward extraordinary success; choose the negatives, and you will likely start (or continue) a downward spiral.
6. Live to Give
Inspire and serve others while maximizing your potential
Live to Give teaches that abundance in one’s life is a cycle. To receive love, respect, and financial security, one must first learn to give those things. This mindset also teaches that the greatest gift you can ever give is to find and leverage your unique genius to maximize your positive impact on the world, knowing that good things will be returned to you in kind.
7. The Time is Now
Harness the power of this moment, and take purposeful action today
The Time is Now teaches that all your power exists in the moment. You cannot change the past and the future hasn't happened, so the only thing to do is take purposeful action now in order to create the ultimate life of your dreams.
Take a look into the daily happenings at McAllister! #MESrocks - Click here to check out our Twitter Feed and Follow us @McAllister_ES to see more pictures like those featured below.
Click here for access to all of your child's schedules so that you know how to prepare them for their specific specials class or know when to come to school for lunch.