the PENN NEWSLETTER
Welcome Penn Panthers!
This newsletter contains some basic info that will probably answer a lot of questions.
We are ready and here to help -- especially with getting e-registrations updated in PowerSchool. Call us if you need help with your user name or password. 688-1150
We know there are a lot of details to manage with a new school, so read through the info below and let us know if you have questions.
See you soon!
Penn Office Staff: Jess, Mrs. Heffner, Becky
Do you know someone (with children) new to the area? We need to know. Encourage them to get their child registered!
If you have not completed e-registration, please do so right away. Our district uses this information to determine staffing at each building, so it is critical to get this done as soon as possible. As of right now we are 86% e-registered! That's awesome!!! Thank you everyone who has already responded. We still have about 100 e-registrations that need to be completed.
E-registration guides can be found on our district site here.
A few things to note:
- E-registration must be completed each year for each student
- You must use the Powerschool website, e-registration is not available on the mobile app.
- You can use the link on our homepage or click here.
- If you need help remembering your parent username please call Penn's secretary, Becky Recker, at 319-688-1150 (you may leave a message) or email email@example.com
- E-registration is not complete until you see the green check mark by each student's name on the final page :)
Ice Cream Social
Tuesday, Aug. 21st, 5:30-6:30pm
230 North Dubuque Street
North Liberty, IA
During Ice Cream Social you will:
· Meet your child’s teacher and see their classroom.
· Drop off school supplies.
· Pick up important handouts.
· Pay fees and lunch money.
· Fill out medication forms and drop off student medication in the office.
· E-register in our computer lab if you haven’t done so already.
· Apply online for free or reduced lunch in the computer lab if you’re interested.
· Find out information about
· Self tour the building.
· Eat ice cream and play on the playground with your Penn Panther friends!
Parking is limited, so please walk if you're able and if you do drive, please park in only designated parking spaces.
SKIP the LINES: PAY FEES AND LUNCH MONEY ONLINE.
SKIP the LINES: PAY FEES AND LUNCH MONEY ONLINE.
· School Fees
Textbook Rental Fees for elementary students are $35 for each student, and students in grades 3-6 are also required to pay an additional $3 for a Student Planner. You may pay these fees at our Ice Cream Social by check, cash, or credit card. But you may also pay these online to save time! Click the link here https://iowa-city.revtrak.net/Elementary-Schools/Penn-Elementary-School/#/list to pay now. (If your family qualifies for a reduced waiver, your textbook fee is $21 and your planner is $1.80)
· School Meals
You can register and make online food service payments at: https://www.myschoolbucks.com/
Also, Free and Reduced Meal applications need to be submitted yearly to qualify and can be filled out online at https://www.applyforlunch.com
You will need to create an account for both of these sites if you have not already.
School Times AND Arrival/Dismissal
Elementary school hours are 7:55am-2:55pm, with each Thursday dismissing an hour early at 1:55pm.
Additionally, the first two days of school will be early dismissal at 1:55pm.
Both front doors will be open and Students may enter the building at 7:30. At 7:30, student will either go to breakfast or to the gym to wait.
At 7:45, students will go to their classrooms.
School begins at 7:55. (A student is late if he/she is not in his/her classroom by 7:55)
Parents may walk their children into their classrooms on the first 2 days of school. Beginning on Monday, August 27 students will enter independently. We will have 6th graders at the front doors to help younger students find their way.
Parents, if you wish to walk your child in to the building, you'll need to park your car, come to the office to register as a visitor before taking your child to the classroom.
Both Thursday and Friday of the first week will be early dismissal at 1:55.
We will have 2 after school car lines.
The carline in front of the building is for kindergarten and first graders and their siblings.
All students in grades 3 - 6, may be picked up in the north carline (between the school and the park).
There will be more information about our car line in Friday's newsletter, but for planning purposes we want to share that the earliest children may arrive is 7:30 am. Also, students should have a plan for where they go or to be picked up immediately after dismissal. Thanks for following these expectations.
BUS LANE: the south parking lot is reserved for our buses and day care vans. Please do not use this lot.
School-wide materials wish list
- Ziplock bags (mostly gallon size and some sandwich size)
- Reams of copy paper
- Disinfecting wipes
- Extra #2 pencils
- Extra Dry Erase markers
- Boys and girls underpants and sweatpants, mostly smaller sizes. New or gently used items appreciated.
- Aug 21: Ice Cream Social, 5:30-6:30pm
- Aug 23: First day! Classes begin at 7:55am
- Aug 23-24: Early dismissal at 1:55pm
- Sept 3: No School, Labor Day