Pdale Middle School LRC
Jan/Feb 2015 Newsletter
Parent/Child Book Club
The books that were selected for the parent/child book clubs were:
- Big Nate Strikes Again by Lincoln Pierce
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- War Games by Audrey Couloumbus
- The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Let Mrs. Steinmetz know if you would like a list of titles with multiple copies if you are interested in holding your own book club.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Readers' Award voting
- MS Readers
- Open Library
Rebecca Caudill Young Readers' Book Award
In order to vote, students need to have read at least 3 of the following titles before the end of February and reported to Mrs. Steinmetz which books they have completed.
Here is the list:
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- Saving Zasha by Randi Barrow
- Almost Home by Joan Bauer
- Chuck Close: Face Book by Chuck Close
- A Diamond in the Desert by Kathryn Fitzmaurice
- Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George
- Unstoppable by Tim Green
- Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading by Tommy Greenwald
- Never Say Die by Will Hobbs
- One For the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- The Clockwork Three by Matthew J Kirby
- Ungifted by Gordon Korman
- Legend by Marie Lu
- The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen
- A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park
- Dogs on Duty: Soldiers' Best Friends on the Battlefield and Beyond by Dorothy Hinshaw Patent
- Slob by Ellen Potter
- The Five Lives of Out Cat Zook by Joanne Rocklin
- Bomb: The Race to Build - and Steal - the World's Most Dangerous Weapon by Steve Sheinkin
- Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool
MS Readers - Round 2
- Week of January 26th - students will be visiting the library during their Language Arts classes to receive information about books and book club dates.
- Friday, February 6th - Book club selections and group member names are due to Mrs. Steinmetz.
- Week of February 2nd - Books will be ordered for groups that need extra copies.
- Week of February 9th - Books will be distributed to group members, adult moderators will be selected.
- February 9th - March 13th or 20th - Read!
- Friday, March 13th - Meet during lunch/Rec period to discuss books! 10:43-11:27 8th grade, 11:30-12:14 6th grade, 12:27-1:01 7th grade.
- Friday, March 20th - 5th grade only - meet during lunch/Rec period (11:30-12:14) to discuss books!