Panther Family Weekly Newsletter
8/22/21 - 6th Grade Day 1 8/23, 7th and 8th Day 1 8/24
Falling Creek Middle School is READY for a year of learning and growing!! This is the year we REalign, REmove Barriers and REflect on OUR practices for a positive impact on student learning. MEET THE ADMIN TEAM (VIDEO) Scan the QR Code to meet us!
Principal - Ms. Sheryl Doswell email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Principal - Dr. William McClain - email@example.com (6th grade)
Assistant Principal - Ms. Laruth Ensley - firstname.lastname@example.org (8th grade)
Assistant Principal - Shawn Horst- Shawn_horst@ccpsnet.net (7th grade)
Dean - Destiny Reaves - Destiny_reaves@ccpsnet.net (6 - 8 Support)
Dean - Courtney English - Courtney_English@ccpsnet.net (6 - 8 Support)
Translation services available:
Bilingual Family-School Liasion - Denise Guerra - Denise_guerra@ccpsnet.net
Our hours are 7am - 3pm Monday - Friday. If you need to register your child for school, please contact Jaimie_Miller@ccpsnet.net, our school counseling tech to set an appointment or for more information. Parents interested in K - 8 Virtual Learning Academy should contact Ms. Miller for further information ~ VLA Currently has a waiting list with no definitive date of entry for students currently on the list. If you are on the waiting list and your child is not returning in person while you wait for acceptance, your child will have to complete asynchrous assignments in CANVAS and turn them in to their teacher via CANVAS. FCMS teachers are not teaching students both virtually and in-person. They are only teaching students in person during the school day.
Please see the link to the CCPS Website regarding COVID-19 Guidance.
Helpful Information about FCMS -
We are a Title 1 School. This means simply that Falling Creek receives financial support from the Federal Government to provide resources that assure our students have the resources that they need to be successful. More information will be shared during our Back To School Night on September 30th including a brief presentation.
Keep watching your email for news and updates every Sunday! Thank you for your continued support of Falling Creek Middle School ~
Enjoy your week!
Falling Creek Celebration - NATIONAL PTA SCHOOL OF EXCELLENCE!
SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO SHAREE ROBINSON, PTA President for ALL of her hard work! Please see next week's newsletter for information about how to join our FCMS PTSA!
Handsanitizer Stations, Water Filling Stations, Sanitization & COVID Guidance
- HAND SANITIZING STATIONS - 12 Hand sanitizing stations are throughout the main building since the2020-2021 School Year. Each Mega Trailer has 2 Hand Sanitizer stations each as well. At minimum of 2 more will be added to each Mega Trailer in the next few days. If you have any questions or concerns regaridng Hand Sanitzer Stations throughout the building please be sure to let me know.
- WATER FOUNTAINS are covered to prevent students from using them. There are WATER FILLING stations throughout the building to allow for students to fill water bottles instead.
- SANITIZATION - WE have 3 day porters and one Building Operation Specialist who do a great job ensuring our door knobs, touch points and cafeteria are sanitized regulary. Each classroom has sanitizing spray, sanitizing wipes as well as cleansing wipes and face masks.
Please see the link to the CCPS Website regarding COVID-19 Guidance. This site was last updated on August 10th.
CLASSROOM SEATING - Student desks in classrooms are set up by the teacher in single rows, sets of three and in some cases sets of four, however students are seated 3 -feet apart whenever possible according to CCPS Covid Guidelines. ALL students are masked unless there is a medical or religious exemption. If there is a medical exemption, other mitigating practices are followed to include face shields and/or desk shields.
Please continue to send questions my way!
Parent Drop Off and Pick Up Information
CCPS Fall Middle School Sports
Athletic Director - Coach Leonard Deloatch (Leonard_deloatch@ccpsnet.net)
GIRLS Basketballn- Coach Brown (Eboni_Brown@ccpsnet.net)
Cheerleading - Coach Thorne (Shannon_thorne@ccpsnet.net)
Cross Country - Coach Deloatch and Coach Armitage (email@example.com)
BOYS Soccer - Coach Asiamah - Call Falling Creek to leave messages for Coach Asiamah
Please be sure to have a Sports Physical completed and ready for submission to the Athletic Director. Physicals after JUNE 30, 2021 are no longer current. Please use the Physical Examination form below.
Upcoming Calendar of Events
Monday, August 23rd - First day of school for 6th graders
Tuesday, August 24th - First day of school for 7th and 8th Graders
FCMS Open House - This will be a VIRTUAL Event. More information will be shared during the month of September.
NOVEMBER - FALL SCHOOL PICTURES
CCPS 2021-2022 School Calendar in English - LINK
CCPS 2021-2022 School Calendar in Spanish - LINK
Required Immunization News - PLEASE READ!
Effective July 1, 2021, these immunizations are required for 7th grade children attending school and day care in Virginia. Without documentation of these immunizations, a 7th grade student cannot join us for in-person learning.
- Meningococcal: At least two doses of the Meningococcal vaccine are required: one before starting seventh grade and another before starting 12th grade.
- Tdap booster for rising seventh-graders — continue to be required. Go to www.vdh.virginia.gov/immunization for complete information about immunization requirements for schools. If you have questions, contact your school’s nurse or the Office of Student Health Services at 804-639-1321.
The Chesterfield Health Department offers immunizations by appointment and at in-house clinics for children 18 years old and younger. To schedule an appointment at the Chesterfield Health Department (9501 Lucy Corr Circle, Chesterfield, VA 23832), call 804-768-7454 or 804-748-1750. Here’s when in-house immunization clinics are held:
- Tuesdays 12:30-3:30 p.m. by appointment: Parents or guardians must accompany the child and bring an immunization record.
- Wednesdays 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-3:30 p.m. Parents or guardians must accompany the child and bring an immunization record.
Additionally, the Health Department is providing a community adolescent immunization clinic at the Rockwood Vaccination Center (10161 Hull Street, Rockwood Square, Midlothian, VA 23112). This clinic is held Mondays 3-7 p.m. Parents or guardians must accompany the child and bring an immunization record. At this clinic, COVID-19 vaccinations will also be available for adolescents, parents, siblings and others who are 12 years old and older. These vaccinations are also available at Patients First, Better Med and other stand alone clinics.
For further questions, please reach out to Nurse Harrison at Courtney_Harrison@ccpsnet.net.
COVID VACCINE IS NOT REQUIRED - Read ONLY if you are interested in information
COVID-19 vaccines are free and available to anyone who wants or needs one. VaccineFinder.Org works with partners such as clinics, pharmacies and health departments to provide accurate and up-to-date information about vaccination services. Families looking for COVID-19 vaccines for pre-approved age groups can find them on the site. There is no cost; the federal government is providing the vaccine free of charge to all people living in the United States, regardless of their immigration or health insurance status. Every Wednesday in July, the Chesterfield Health District will offer the Pfizer vaccine 3-6 p.m. at St. Augustine Catholic Church, located at 4400 Beulah Road. Walk-ins are welcome; no registration is required.
An anonymous COVID-19 text notification system provides Chesterfield County residents with updates from the Chesterfield Health District and county government. To sign up, text CfieldCOVID to 888777. Residents can sign up for text notifications to stay updated on the latest information about COVID-19 and the COVID-19 vaccine in Chesterfield. This system does not collect any personal data and subscribers can opt out at any time. Click here for more information.
Free or discounted Lyfts to vaccinations are available through Ride United provided by United Way of Greater Richmond and Petersburg, community members can access free and discounted rides to COVID-19 vaccination appointments or walk-up events. Program requirements:
- A smartphone with an active Lyft account and a current payment method on file with Lyft
- 18 years old or older (or riding with a parent/guardian who is 18 or older)
- Wear a face covering during the ride
- Live in the greater Richmond and Petersburg region